It's either mass transit or EV/autonomous driving. Sadly this country isn't designed for either.

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
EV for going places around town. Shopping. Work, if you work close. To the gym. Also, to really do it right you need the charger at the crib

The same car needs to have gas power too. For longer commutes and out of town trips. And also if your battery dies for whatever reason. With a gas powered car, if it runs out of gas you can bring a can of gas. The EV goes dead and you have to tow it.

Lithium mining and battery "recycling" is also problematic RN.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
What makes china so great in your eyes?

They had extreme wealth inequality until not that long ago.

When we sold out our manufacturing to China it helped create a middle class; but their lack of labor laws or regards for environmental regulations had devastating effects on the working population.

The Chinese can't even express how they feel due 2 government censorship.

At least in the US we have freedoms and environmental/air regulations to keep the population safer.

For now :francis:

Maybe I'm just defeated between this shyt show of politics and world war woes. All I want is unity, peace and a better economy with proper education. Yet politicians think otherwise.

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
If you hate Northern Jersey for having too many cars and shytty drivers, there's really not many other places you're going to enjoy. Public transport and bike paths aren't the greatest, but, most cities are way more spread out than Northern NJ is.

On a sidenote, I think they'll be building a park inspired by the highline in midtown that will span from Newark to Jersey City

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
If you hate Northern Jersey for having too many cars and shytty drivers, there's really not many other places you're going to enjoy. Public transport and bike paths aren't the greatest, but, most cities are way more spread out than Northern NJ is.

On a sidenote, I think they'll be building a park inspired by the highline in midtown that will span from Newark to Jersey City

I moved back because it was easier to find a job that paid 90k and up than in Charlotte :manny:

But yeah I get it. The population is dense. But it’s only temporary at this point. I’m moving within the next 2 years.

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I moved back because it was easier to find a job that paid 90k and up than in Charlotte :manny:

But yeah I get it. The population is dense. But it’s only temporary at this point. I’m moving within the next 2 years.
Does the cost of living not go up with the same percentage amount vs Charlotte? Or is it easier for you to budget and save?

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Does the cost of living not go up with the same percentage amount vs Charlotte? Or is it easier for you to budget and save?
I already had a condo when I left. I was renting it out. When I moved back to NJ, the tenants moved so instead of renting it out to someone else, I said fukk it and moved back in it. The rent between 2019 and 2021 when I moved back went up like crazy.

Next time I move I’m gonna sell it. I already have a lot of equity in it anyway, and it’s paid off so I’m gonna just stay here until I’m ready to bounce for good.

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I already had a condo when I left. I was renting it out. When I moved back to NJ, the tenants moved so instead of renting it out to someone else, I said fukk it and moved back in it. The rent between 2019 and 2021 when I moved back went up like crazy.

Next time I move I’m gonna sell it. I already have a lot of equity in it anyway, and it’s paid off so I’m gonna just stay here until I’m ready to bounce for good.
Dope man. That's awesome!

Micky Mikey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What makes china so great in your eyes?

They had extreme wealth inequality until not that long ago.

When we sold out our manufacturing to China it helped create a middle class; but their lack of labor laws or regards for environmental regulations had devastating effects on the working population.

The Chinese can't even express how they feel due 2 government censorship.

At least in the US we have freedoms and environmental/air regulations to keep the population safer.
There is a lot of wrong with China. I definitely wouldn't want to live there. Speaking out against the government can get you disappeared. But when it comes to getting shyt done on an industrial level they beat America by a long shot. America doesn't get big things done anymore. We're too short sighted of a people and our political system slows us down (mainly due to Republican obstruction).

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
The overuse of MAGA or red vs blue is tiring. Bloods and Crips aren’t this decisive :mjlol:

And it’s people like you that allow dealerships to mark up vehicles well above MSRP. What does wages have to do with a dealership charging $50,000 for a car when the MSRP is only $35,000?

Goofy. :mjpls:

All you’re doing to repeating the same talking points with no clear thought of your own. Both the auto and oil industries have been price gouging like crazy and you’re talking about wages haven’t kept up. One has nothing to do with the other.
Are they actually marking up those cars themselves or are the MSRPs simply that high now? A new Honda Pilot is over 40K...

Jersey is small but not this small...nah.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Dealership fluff always existed...

again... as a consumer just like most, you've been conditioned to take it in the ass. :dame:

same with mobile phones. It wasn't long ago where $1000 dollar phones were outrageous. Now it's the new norm. The average consumer is programmed to give money away. And if they don't have the money they will pay for it with debt.

And again with phones, the service providers use to buy the phones and lock you into a contract. Now they bypassed that by simply passing the cost of the phone on to the consumer.

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
again... as a consumer just like most, you've been conditioned to take it in the ass. :dame:

same with mobile phones. It wasn't long ago where $1000 dollar phones were outrageous. Now it's the new norm. The average consumer is programmed to give money away. And if they don't have the money they will pay for it with debt.

And again with phones, the service providers use to buy the phones and lock you into a contract. Now they bypassed that by simply passing the cost of the phone on to the consumer.
Again, dealership fluff always existed.

The difference is the 20K car was boosted by 4-5K. Now that same car is 40K, so they get away with 8-10K of bullshìt. The 40K car that's now 60K, they can justify 15K of bullshìt.