It's either mass transit or EV/autonomous driving. Sadly this country isn't designed for either.

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
I’m talking about the chips in the cars now.. The ecu’s that’s the main component that regulates most of the basic functions on a vehicle
You dont need super advanced chips. Again, China cant produce 7nm chips at scale yet these the kind of EVs they mass producing right now:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Hey genius the more technology in a car the more it going to cost… The days of the bare bones cars is long fukkin gone.. you want them 90s and 80s cares.. That shyt is over with..

If you don’t want the responsibility of car ownership and the cost then Just lease

That's bullshyt :mjlol:

Technology in TV's has vastly improved since 1950.. but the opposite happened.

A TV in 1950 that cost $1000 would be $6.40 today. The cost of a 50" flat screen today is half to price of a 40" projection screen TV in 1994.

MOST of the technology in cars is inexpensive, but the repair costs and a lot higher. You're basically saying cars cost so much because of software..... SOFTWARE. Because the build quality isn't high. A dodge charger that cost $85,000 costs roughly the same as the $35,000 to make. But again. You make excuses for the price gouging and finessing. That's why real estate is out of wack.

And it's also why this country gets what it deserves. All people do is bytch and complain but also COMPLY.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
I’m talking about the chips in the cars now.. The ecu’s that’s the main component that regulates most of the basic functions on a vehicle
Im still talking about manufacturing costs

US doesnt even make the chips I don't think, it’s mostly Taiwan which is why China wants them and why US needs them for now.

We spend more on the War Industry than anything. DOD/Pentagon has never passed an audit but will send billions for proxy wars with our money

Not saying China is better but theyre investing better in a global market

And overall, the car still might take 35k to make but charge us 50k+ more to buy… thats greed

Sir Richard Spirit

Superstar
Daps
They just put a bunch of Tesla charges near my house. The owner of the property has a big sign up calling for a public meeting. I assume he’s expanding and required to inform the public.

I also take the train daily while owning two cars.

The only people who think like OP are useless. :yeshrug:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
People understate how VAST America is. There is no possible way you could make public transportation a reality for this country.

It's not really a country. It's a collection of states that agreed to have one centralized governing body.

At the state/city level it's possible. And to many people who live in Georgia for example, California might as well be another country because they will never visit or go there. The Tri State area has shytty infrastructure. Too many cars, shytty roads and bridges. And the transit system is ass.

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
It's not really a country. It's a collection of states that agreed to have one centralized governing body.

At the state/city level it's possible. And to many people who live in Georgia for example, California might as well be another country because they will never visit or go there. The Tri State area has shytty infrastructure. Too many cars, shytty roads and bridges. And the transit system is ass.

Its not really a country :comeon:

ok breh.

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
Hey genius the more technology in a car the more it going to cost… The days of the bare bones cars is long fukkin gone.. you want them 90s and 80s cares.. That shyt is over with..

If you don’t want the responsibility of car ownership and the cost then Just lease

The thing people don't understand is...who services EVs?

Also charging them is still an issue in the states.

Until charging is made available for everyone IDK what to tell you.

The most ironic part of it all is how is electricity generated in the United States......from fossil fuels :dead:

BTW I'm not against EVs at all. its just funny how this is such an issue.

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
EV for going places around town. Shopping. Work, if you work close. To the gym. Also, to really do it right you need the charger at the crib

The same car needs to have gas power too. For longer commutes and out of town trips. And also if your battery dies for whatever reason. With a gas powered car, if it runs out of gas you can bring a can of gas. The EV goes dead and you have to tow it.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
China will surpass us in both

Can't wait :wow:

We are so fukked as a country, might as well allow the overlords to put one in the head of uncle Sam :francis:

Just think...they are coming up with futuristic buildings and transportation, while we are over here arguing about vaginas and how to make our lives shyttier.

Yes I know they have issues over there, but somehow they are making dope moves while we can't even afford groceries :why:

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
Can't wait :wow:

We are so fukked as a country, might as well allow the overlords to put one in the head of uncle Sam :francis:

Just think...they are coming up with futuristic buildings and transportation, while we are over here arguing about vaginas and how to make our lives shyttier.

Yes I know they have issues over there, but somehow they are making dope moves while we can't even afford groceries :why:

What makes china so great in your eyes?

They had extreme wealth inequality until not that long ago.

When we sold out our manufacturing to China it helped create a middle class; but their lack of labor laws or regards for environmental regulations had devastating effects on the working population.

The Chinese can't even express how they feel due 2 government censorship.

At least in the US we have freedoms and environmental/air regulations to keep the population safer.