Reppin
Under Your Skin
Season 2?
The greeks get away scott free
Valchek becomes comish
Rawls becomes head of state police
Carcetti becomes govenor
Nephew sabotka at the end of season 5 is scott free after selling hella drugs

Theres more....im just saying, white people were winning at the end if this show:russ:

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
Valchek becomes comish
Carcetti becomes govenor

Theres more....im just saying, white people were winning at the end if this show:russ:
Thats real life

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
I'm surprised at some of the wire hate in here. The show did a great job of having a city be the main character, and they were really ahead of their time in terms of tackling failing institutions (war on drugs, school system, political system, unions, the media, etc.)

They showed urban decay, crime, political greed, institutional failure of our country, and they showed it in a way that didn't really paint people into good-guy or bad-guy boxes. Everyone on the show has shades of grey. Their were honorable people on the the illegal side of things, and crooked people on the legal side of things.

From a practical point of view, the show runners even gave jobs to people that were living the street life to help keep them out of trouble, and help them find other avenues for careers. They really looked out for the people of Baltimore. I was visiting Baltimore a lot at the time it was airing, and I distinctly remember that even though it obviously didn't paint Baltimore as a tourist destination, no one I ever ran into (or read online) seemed (at least back then) to think that the show unfairly represented Baltimore.

:yeshrug:

It's unquestionably one of the GOAT television shows. So far ahead of its time, and to this day there's never been anything recreated quite like it. It's one of the most ensemble ensemble shows I've ever seen, if that makes any sense.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Much respect to them, they created the best show ever.
Separately tho, isn't weird and a major omission until like Lovecraft HBO has never greenlit a drama created by Black people? Even Lovecraft which I plan to watch just haven't gotten around to it has a horror element that is a real turnoff personally. Generally speaking I really don't like the genre.

Weird? No

Racist? Absolutely

Ku$h Parker

I'm Nothin Correctable
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Prime Minister of S.B. Westside
Valchek becomes comish
Carcetti becomes govenor

McNutty wasnt winning tho:troll:

jackswstd

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Valchek becomes comish
Carcetti becomes govenor

Makes the show even more realistic because that’s what happens. This show felt real.

HollywoodP

#LongLive24 #TMC America's Team, Lakeshow, & ASU
Daps
Reppin
The Valley Of The Sun 602🌵480🌵623🌵520
Valchek becomes comish
Carcetti becomes govenor

Horseface went to prison
Ziggy went to prison and was likely repeatly beat on and raped.
Sergei went to prison for life.
Frank Sabotka got his neck sawed into
The rest of them cacs lost their jobs to machines and ended up under the homeless wino bridge cuz they aint got no other tools in life.

Any other white folks that made a good life for themselves in the end you can chalk up to the realities of america.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
I have a dvd copy of the classic blaxsplotation flick "The Mack" and one of the features on it is a short documentary of the making of the film. You all know The Mack is popular for its excellent depiction of the actual day to day life as a real pimp in the streets. Now the star is Max Julien who plays Goldie The Mack but he was no pimp in real life.. far from it. In the doc he even states he was a stage actor that was heavily into Shakespeare and stage plays and was a complete fish out of water trying to play a pimp. But they went and got a couple of well known real pimps from the Oakland streets(where the movie was filmed), The Ward Brothers, to help them out. And these two dudes had to coach him through the entire movie from start to finish. You see them here at the :50 second mark. It just like those hospital shows that have a couple of real doctors on set and in the writing room to help out with all the medical jargon and factual shyt.

Last edited:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
its creator, head writer, showrunner David Simon a journalist

in fact the show was mainly written by Simon and Ed Burns, a baltimore retired detective

simon_burns_1.jpg

how the hell did they understand black culture and urban culture so well
Without going through the whole thread, he’s from the area and that was his beat as a reporter for the Baltimore sun. So he had direct knowledge of those cases and those blocks and the city, as any good reporter should. Easy to replicate the dialogue when you’re knee deep in that shyt

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Horseface went to prison
Ziggy went to prison and was likely repeatly beat on and raped.
Sergei went to prison for life.
Frank Sabotka got his neck sawed into
The rest of them cacs lost their jobs to machines and ended up under the homeless wino bridge cuz they aint got no other tools in life.

Any other white folks that made a good life for themselves in the end you can chalk up to the realities of america.

Exactly. I swear dudes just be making up shyt to fit their narrative like we all aint see the same show multiple times.