It's crazy to think that in our galaxy if there are aliens with good enough technology

Spence

Superstar
Daps
I cant believe this had to be explained.

:snoop:

Not to mention, the size and mass of a telescope needed to see details on a planet 65 million light years away would be so great that it would literally cause it to collapse into a black hole.
We are also assuming said aliens perceive light the same way we do (their eyes/vision could very well be completely different and better or worse than ours)

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
We are also assuming said aliens perceive light the same way we do (their eyes/vision could very well be completely different and better or worse than ours)
I don't know what difference that would make.

Spence

Superstar
Daps
I don't know what difference that would make.
They could perceive things in a different manner, we see time as a sequence of events they could possible see multiple streams of information simultaneously to get an extra sensory picture we couldn’t dream up.

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
But there has to be a first intelligent life form, right?
Your question is an interesting one. I suggest you really look up those Fermi paradox videos. Even if there was a first and not multiple at one time, we should have evidence of them by now unless they died off a long time ago or are too young or non-advanced to send clues of their existence like radio or other electro magnetic waves. Or they are so unimaginably far away, we don’t have the evidence yet. There’s a high likelihood we destroy ourselves or are destroyed by something natural before we discover anyone else.

Daps
Once the Universe was just emptiness

There was a first star.

So even if the Universe will one day be teeming with intelligent life, there has to be a first intelligent life form.

I think its clear from how quiet it is out there that were the first ones

Not necessarily. We have no idea how many times life may have sprung up in the universe.

It may have independently developed in multiple locations, with the "first" form of life being long gone.

I don't even think there's evidence that humans are descendents from the "first" life to form on Earth.

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
Your question is an interesting one. I suggest you really look up those Fermi paradox videos. Even if there was a first and not multiple at one time, we should have evidence of them by now unless they died off a long time ago or are too young or non-advanced to send clues of their existence like radio or other electro magnetic waves. Or they are so unimaginably far away, we don’t have the evidence yet. There’s a high likelihood we destroy ourselves or are destroyed by something natural before we discover anyone else.

I am familiar with the subject.

There has to be a first cause the Universe was totally void once.

And if we were the first, we would be seeing what we are seeing now

Seoul Gleou

Veteran
Daps
i mean yeah...but even then, if you say it emerged on earth first....it's small ass reptiles and lizards that would eventually be dinosaurs

in the grand scheme of space and time, we've existed in the universe for less than a second

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
Aliens probably don't even live in the physical world. They've likely digitized their consciousness completely and are living on some sort of massive structure floating around in space indefinitely.

With all this hype about the metaverse, that's probably how we will be in the next 10,000 years if we don't get laid out by climate change

Uptown WaYo87

HARLEM/BX
Daps

Yea but who's to say they aren't aliens out there flying around but are just limited to traveling within their galaxy? Or maybe there's a few that can cross travel that way and we just haven't seen them

I like to think there's a alien goverment out there like mass effect, and your species can only be apart of it once you achieve the technology to even reach them. Just knowing what the odds are makes me really think anything is possible

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
They could perceive things in a different manner, we see time as a sequence of events they could possible see multiple streams of information simultaneously to get an extra sensory picture we couldn’t dream up.
Multiple streams of what information? They are still getting the same photons that travel at the same speed, if not slower.

President Sakora

Supporter
Daps
I cant believe this had to be explained.

:snoop:

Not to mention, the size and mass of a telescope needed to see details on a planet 65 million light years away would be so great that it would literally cause it to collapse into a black hole.
or so we think...ask the dogon how they saw serius 1 and 2