Reppin
Texas
:mjlol:

This is saying a lot of the new generation of rap

:whoo: It is Trash. The hottest of hot trash

pcg

Pro
Daps
Waka Flocka should be in this conversation. If I'm not mistaken, he influenced Keef. Not only that, but that whole Lex Luger/trap sound being dominant popped off with this:

shyt still bangs :wow:

Daps
No they aren't. Again, just because you have a bunch of sound a likes running around, it isn't the end all/be all of having an influence. Kendrick had artists trying to make albums with a narrative that told a story from song to song. He had T.I. and Game doing it a few weeks after GKMC dropped. His album cover concept was even bitten.

Drake had all these rappers fighting about the "supa dupa flow" or whatever they were labeling it. He had beef with Ludacris over it. There's that whole muted thing 40 was doing on Drake songs before the beat drop that other artists incorporated into their songs. There's that whole OVO camp of producers that became go to producers for nearly everybody.

Cole doesn't really have much influence.

There are too many guys that ran with Drake’s flow, cadence, song structure, beat selection & subject matter for me to act like two or so people biting Kendrick puts him in that conversation

I’m sorry dog

Ya Sinning Mane

Superstar
Daps
Keef got loosies on YouTube better than nikkas hits on they albums:bryan:
I love that Adlib when he go DUDUDUDUDUHH

shyt is glorious:ohlawd:

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There are too many guys that ran with Drake’s flow, cadence, song structure, beat selection & subject matter for me to act like two or so people biting Kendrick puts him in that conversation

I’m sorry dog

It wasn't just album covers. Kendrick's "Alright" was pretty much a soundtrack to the protests against police brutality in 2015/2016. TPAB became the subject of college courses shortly after it dropped. Not only that, but a number of Black musicians cite TPAB as an influence. This goes beyond having a bunch of sound-a-likes. Influence isn't limited to that, there's much more to influence than "this artists sounds like that artist" and the whole "this artist fathered that artist" narrative.

Last edited:
Daps
It wasn't just album covers. Kendrick's "Alright" was pretty much a soundtrack to the protests against police brutality in 2015/2016. TPAB became the subject of college courses shortly after it dropped. Not only that, but a number of Black musicians cite TPAB as an influence. This goes beyond having a bunch of sound-a-likes. Influence isn't limited to that, there's much more to influence than "this artists sounds like that artist" and the whole "this artist fathered that artist" narrative.

You got it homie :hubie: