It's crazy how people think size doesn't matter in fights

ALMIGHTY GOD

Omnipotent. Omniscient. Omnipresent.
Daps
Reppin
all of creation
-This shyt's easily debatable. I watched combat sports growing up & saw the bigger dudes lose plenty times. Weight classes were added to get sanctioned, it was about money.

i watched and trained in combat sports too. mma specifically. size matters. try to grapple/wrestle with a guy that has 20 pounds on you. once again exceptions dont make the rule.

Umoja

Veteran
Daps
both highly trained. It really could be a toss up, the smaller guy will have speed and agility, the bigger guy will have strength and force but will be much slower.

If they're both highly trained, it wouldn't be a toss up. Mayweather is more skilled than Wilder, but he would get brutalised. I wouldn't even say Wilder is highly skilled.

There is a point where weight matters.

Daps
size by itself dont matter, its the difference in size that matters
Yeah if you’re fighting Shaq or the big show and you’re Connor McGregor Mayweather size unless you’re able to break their leg with a well placed stomp to the shin at an angle,

you will get wrestled and thrown to oblivion and won’t be able to reach dudes chin

but if duke has a few pounds on you and a few inches taller 2-3 it’s negligible it’s more about skill and aggression

ALMIGHTY GOD

Daps
Reppin
all of creation
-MMA didn't always have weight classes & bigger dudes lost all the time. Boxers lost all the time. They had to add weight classes to get sanctioned as a sport & get sponsors & shyt. It was about money, not fighting ability.

yes, during the early stages where there were extremely large gaps in skill.

RTF

2Trill
Supporter
Daps
Everything being equal, the bigger guy wins.

even a gym rat been versus a slobby breh - fight skills being equal the stronger guy will win.
Your average 6’5 guy is wiping the floor with Beth’s under 6ft’ if both untrained.

I take a man with 6 months good boxing experience over 90% of dudes. Maybe 95% regardless of height.

AllHolosEve

Her Name Is Mistress Death
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SouthSide, MPLS
i watched and trained in combat sports too. mma specifically. size matters. try to grapple/wrestle with a guy that has 20 pounds on you. once again exceptions dont make the rule.

:gucci:
-Breh. I was on my Muay Thai & did freestyle MMA matches for fun. I've wrestled/grappled with brehs that had over 20 pounds on me more times than I can remember & won the wide majority off speed & cardio. My nephews were on their school wrestling teams & my brother teaches taekwondo. I never looked at it as the exception since pretty much everyone I know that trained in anything has W's over bigger dudes.
-If it wasn't for Covid I was gonna start taking Muay Thai again to step back up.

ALMIGHTY GOD

Daps
Reppin
all of creation
:gucci:
-Breh. I was on my Muay Thai & did freestyle MMA matches for fun. I've wrestled/grappled with brehs that had over 20 pounds on me more times than I can remember & won the wide majority off speed & cardio. My nephews were on their school wrestling teams & my brother teaches taekwondo. I never looked at it as the exception since pretty much everyone I know that trained in anything has W's over bigger dudes.
-If it wasn't for Covid I was gonna start taking Muay Thai again to step back up.
once again breh, exceptions dont make the rule.

YoNoSe

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Realistically speaking.. size does matter a lot

However, we are witnessing Canelo a very skilled and short boxer, move up in weight continuously and take everyone’s belt. Every fight his opponent is naturally bigger and taller but he gets the job done.

Also in bjj competitions, smaller guys more often then not, do win the absolute divisions while going against heavy weights (normal, super and ultra).

Nesto90sKid

Rookie
Daps
Size matters... Be solid 200 pounds plus and you can knockout thereotically any guy... The most important thing is you really have to know how to punch hard without hurting your wrist & know how to take a punch. That's the base add to it some BJJ, MMA & self defense technic & you're good.
But sure everything is allowed in the streets... No rules ! And there're levels... Know your level !:ufdup:

KING WILL

Superstar
Daps
The truth as in most cases lies in the middle. Of course size matters, but it's not the end all to be all that 1 side of the debate makes it out to be.

The reverse is true too. If you think size doesn't matter at all then you are completely ignoring not only weight classes, but more importantly weight cuts.