Its crazy how fast Lake Mead is losing water - A Slow Disaster Unfolding

Satsui no Hadou

CHICANO 🇲🇽 🇺🇸
Daps
Hmm…my city had recently made a deal to draw water from the Colorado river, but they ended up canceling it and it never fell through. I wonder if this could be why.

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
giphy.gif
my-hair-my-hair-it-dont-move.gif

Auger

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
6ix
There's isn't anything anybody can do some suggested some stupid pipeline from midwest to west unsurprisingly Canada and midwest already made agreements banning use to none bordered states:yeshrug:
In the future, the Nations who are most at risk will war over access to essential natural resources, the same way we used to fight over fossil fuels. Like with everything, the disenfranchised will feel the effects the most.

I wouldn't be surprised if the US strong-arms Canada to walk-back those agreements on water access.

Last edited:
Daps
In the future Nations at risk will war over access natural resources, the same way they'd fight over fossil fuels. Like with everything, the disenfranchised will feel the effects the most.

I wouldn't be surprised if the US strong-arms Canada to walk-back those agreements on water access.
The lakes are not replenishable even if u ignore the feasibility of pumping water thousands of miles and up mountains. Nobody is gonna agree to give the water that's gonna run out to another group. If the lakes go down few hundred feet the states that border will feel the effect due to ships not being able to travel 300 billion in trade will be lost.
What's gonna happen to the west coast is people will ignore the problem until they can't and then start fleeing majority of the California companies all have multiple hq across the country to them moving is simply abandoning their skyscrapers and relocating the average person is fukked.
As it stands the temperature is increasing causing faster evaporation any fix is band-aid not permanent.

Absolut

Legal Bookie
Daps
Reppin
Las Vegas
The lakes are not replenishable even if u ignore the feasibility of pumping water thousands of miles and up mountains. Nobody is gonna agree to give the water that's gonna run out to another group. If the lakes go down few hundred feet the states that border will feel the effect due to ships not being able to travel 300 billion in trade will be lost.
What's gonna happen to the west coast is people will ignore the problem until they can't and then start fleeing majority of the California companies all have multiple hq across the country to them moving is simply abandoning their skyscrapers and relocating the average person is fukked.
As it stands the temperature is increasing causing faster evaporation any fix is band-aid not permanent.
That’s what happens now. Lake mead is in Nevada, and gets like 2% of the water from it. Rest is sent everywhere else

focusloco

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NORTH LAS VEGAS
The government is stepping in now but it's way too fukking late :stopitslime:

Lake Meads demise is the definition of greed going unchecked

As a Las Vegas Native who used to go there when it was 100% full its crazy to see it at only 28% capacity...all the places we used to go fishing and swimming are a mile from the shore now and the 25 year drought is only getting worse....Water cuts are coming to the southwest expeditiously....like August

skylove4

Veteran
Daps
We on a collision course for sure. Scary how most don't know what's going on. And that no amount of planning can prepare us for the inevitable.
Nah, that’s the sad part. Sound planning from competent leaders and a population who were just a little less dumb and arrogant could have easily prepared us and prevented the hell that’s coming our way.