Its crazy 10 years later and Budden still hasn't peaked.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
I have not even tried to get into Joey's music since MM2. I might've listened to MM3 once, but I really do not know what happened. Somebody please give me a new starting point. I see he has a lot of fans, and I've on several other occasions seen people say he's the best rapper alive. I'd like to try to listen to Joey again to see what this hype is about.
Id start off with escape route and MM4, imo those two joints showcase the route hes going right now

he was real good with punchlines on mm2, but mm4 is prolly his most vivid album to me.

Daps
Reppin
SoFla
the thing that separates Budden from other dudes is his transparency, dude just raps about his life; no gimmicks, no "image", none of that shyt, just elite bars about NORMAL, relateable shyt

the crazy shyt is, dude is so good at painting pictures that you can't help BUT almost put yourself in his shoes even when he's rapping about shyt you personally might not relate to; here's a good example

I dunno man, his music is just better than anyone else's to me... every damn bar is meaningful, you never hear Budden spit some uninspired shyt on solo projects... and it's not about "swag" or outlandishly materialistic shyt that I will never be able to afford nor do I wanna hear about, like most rappers' content

this might be the GOAT Budden musical piece though :ahh:

[ame=http://youtu.be/zWoT6kCkdCI]Joe Budden - Broken Wings Freestyle - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:

Yecht

Superstar
Daps
Joey peaked when he merked Jayz on that Pump it up v.2 freestyle. He is still nice, but his music is too depressing....

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
Tell that nikka to drop a dope album, nobody will remember his mixtapes when it's all been said and done.
He's a good lyricist, nothing special, nothing fresh, original or specially creative. That's why he's had 10 years of problems to attract a fan base.

Daps
Reppin
SoFla
Tell that nikka to drop a dope album, nobody will remember his mixtapes when it's all been said and done.
He's a good lyricist, nothing special, nothing fresh, original or specially creative. That's why he's had 10 years of problems to attract a fan base.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJPpx8vHoII]Joe Budden - Who Killed Hip-Hop [FULL] - YouTube[/ame]

:sitdown:

why not just say "I'm not familiar with his music" rather than coming off like someone who doesn't know what they're talking about?

Last edited by a moderator:
Daps
Reppin
The Last of the Outlaws
Budden and Drake share similar traits to me as they tend to be comfortable rapping about some taboo topics as emcees (if u consider Drake that). I've always enjoyed listening to him but he ain't for every occasion that's for sure

-P-

LucaBrasi

West Coast Legend
Daps
Reppin
California
Dude can spit, but what I never understood about him is..

How are you so depressed when dude is known for fvcking the most beautiful ho's on earth? :what:

He's the Big Baby of rap, complains too got damn much man :snoop:

Habit

Banned
Daps
Dude can spit, but what I never understood about him is..

How are you so depressed when dude is known for fvcking the most beautiful ho's on earth? :what:

He's the Big Baby of rap, complains too got damn much man :snoop:

If you listen to Find a Way, you'll understand he's been like this since 10. You don't shake shiit like this, it stays with you forever. I know first hand. You life consists of only two things: ups and downs. There is no in between, no middle ground. Like Budden said, that's why he keeps fukking up.

Jamaro85

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Id start off with escape route and MM4, imo those two joints showcase the route hes going right now

he was real good with punchlines on mm2, but mm4 is prolly his most vivid album to me.

Will definitely check for these.

this might be the GOAT Budden musical piece though :ahh:

Joe Budden - Broken Wings Freestyle - YouTube

When I heard this when it first dropped I was like :skip:

It was my favorite track by Joey that I'd ever heard, personally, and it still might be for me. Clearly this is not including anything he dropped from MM3 and beyond though since I haven't checked for anything since. The fact that this is your favorite Joey song tells me that we are somewhat on the same page though.