It’s A Splash Bros Reunion! Are You Kuminga To The Poole Party? Warriors 2022 Season Thread

Daps
We’ve seen Lee have a good game before, the problem is it doesn’t happen often enough. A heathy Moody can match and exceed his production.
Lemme just say from the jump - what I say about Lee is tongue in cheek.

I’m merely trying to illustrate a point. I’ve said time and time again, he’s a fringe NBA talent who’s lucky to even be in the league. It’s ridiculous that anyone would hold him to any standard where he has to be good and productive almost in any capacity if he’s getting inconsistent minutes and touches. You can’t expect him to have DNPs for three straight games and then come in for 5-10 minutes and produce. It doesn’t work like that. The lesser talented players need more stability and reps to be of any use; they can’t turn it on with a flick of a switch.

This is why Kerr has tried to keep him part of the picture and give him minutes whenever he can, even when in a vacuum, he shouldn’t be playing, because he knows it’s the only way to get the best out of him. As he tries to do with every player. If he never played, at all (and was treated like a nobody), and Kerr was then forced to play him, the game he had yesterday wouldn’t have happened because he wouldn’t have been getting any gametime, whatsoever, he wouldn’t know the system and how the others fit in it, and therefore he wouldn’t have had the platform to be part of the picture, that Kerr tries to keep every role player a part of.

You don’t find it ridiculous that for a team that’s supposed to be contending that you have this expectation Kerr should be playing yet another rookie over a guy, who albeit isn’t as talented, but knows the system? Neither guy should be counted on, but that’s the Warriors’ situation. In an ideal world, Lee shouldn’t be part of a rotation of a team that’s trying to contend (and neither should a rookie, let alone multiple), but because this team has a dearth of talent and imbalanced depth, he’s more or less the best that they have. Kerr and the coaching staff have done a great job bringing along Kuminga and Moody at a pace where they haven’t been thrown in at the deep end, while getting enough gametime and reps to develop, while also trying to get the best out of Wiggins (that no coach/team has previously done), navigate through the season without Klay, Dray and now Steph all together, handle a size disadvantage every single night, and all the injuries to players (GP2, Otto, Iggy etc) that have needed to be managed.

You compare that to the Suns, and look at their roster. Look at what their front office has done to put the team in the best possible space to contend. It’s the polar opposite to the Warriors.

I’ve said time and time again, the problem is, because this system and culture has been successful over the years in turning even the ugliest rocks into diamonds, it’s given the front office a false sense of belief that this team can make the most out of the bare minimum, while simultaneously have the bar set at being the best team.

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
Let's be honest .. if you were coaching, you would have benched Steph earlier in the season. I don't think your over-emotional opinions count for much
But I’m not coach. I’m just a nikka on the internet aka a fan.

Regardless of what I’d do in a hypothetical, there’s no justification to play Damion Lee 21 mpg. And like I said, Kerr’s a dummy for playing him that much. :umad:

Same coach that plays 11 players in a finals close out game. Or plays brad Wannamaker over Poole for more than half a season :unimpressed:

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If he could just play 10 minutes of backup pg minutes to close out the reg season so we don't have to see Chiozza then I will take it

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
No surprises you posted such an idiotic tweet. Funny how the offense that "over-complicates things and overplays their lesser players" has dominated them in two out of the three matchups this season.

:lolbron:
what r u in ur feelings about now?

Daps
what r u in ur feelings about now?
What happened to the Suns when they played the Warriors this season?

:lupe:

What happened when JTA and GP2 outscored their entire team except for Ayton?

What happened to that offense that "hunts mismatches and puts the ball in the best ball-handlers and playmakers' hands"?