It’s A Splash Bros Reunion! Are You Kuminga To The Poole Party? Warriors 2022 Season Thread

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
cliffs for the non subscribed?
Basically just speaking to his standing as the "middle child" of the team and how everyone in the organization views his work ethic and maturation process. Here are the Iggy parts:

It’s a big reason Iguodala has taken Poole under his wing, guiding and preparing him for the sixth-man role that Iguodala once accepted for the same franchise. He knows, at this point of Poole’s young career, perspective will be needed to remain content. He’d have to see the value of accepting a diminished role on a contender when 35 minutes and 20 points would be available nightly elsewhere.

“The new sixth man is getting $20 million a year,” Iguodala said. “That’s the bottom offer for a guy like that, the Tyler Herros and Jordan Pooles. You got those few guys who are starters but for teams they are on, they’re sixth men. You don’t have a problem with going above and beyond taking care of them because you know they’ll be a staple player for your franchise.”

Said Poole: “Everything Steph does, I watch. I’d be a fool to not. And it’s not like I’m watching it and applying somewhere else. I’m applying it in the same system he’s in.”

Iguodala and Poole go out to dinners on the road and regularly talk about the path of his career.

“What I tell him,” Iguodala said, “we’re not working right now for the next contract, we’re working for the contract after that. He’s a guy I’m working on. I think he gets it. He’s not playing basketball because of how much money he’s getting — $2 million or $20 million per year, same effort. He’s a good person. I think that’s a big difference when it comes to: Do I want to pay this guy? Do I trust this guy with all this money? If anything, when you give him so much money, he’ll put so much pressure on himself to outdo the salary. Those are the type of guys you want.”

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
Dead that shyt right now Grizzles ain’t beating up in a 7 game series.. That lucky play in bullshyt one game elimination ain’t cutting it
Yeah but I would love to play them in the playoffs. Especially after the play-in. And Klay talked about how frustrating it was he couldn’t play in that game