It’s A Splash Bros Reunion! Are You Kuminga To The Poole Party? Warriors 2022 Season Thread

Robbo

All Star
Daps
70% of Wiggins' field goals have been assisted this season, most of which have been scoring opportunities where he's open and/or rolling to the rim. This is why you have to take his efficiency with a grain of salt, because all that isn't going to mean anything if he can't create for himself on the road in the playoffs.

:manny:

I get what you're saying.. but if you compile these Wiggins posts, the criticism window is getting narrower and narrower, the critique, much more specific. I think he's showing how he can be effective in the playoffs..especially if he defends at a High level. We've seen this story before, and one team's strategy was to leave HB wide open and it worked. So I'd say Wiggins needs to keep hitting those shots created for him, while still taking a smaller defender in the post on a mismatch.

Daps
I get what you're saying.. but if you compile these Wiggins posts, the criticism window is getting narrower and narrower, the critique, much more specific.
It's always been about the playoffs though.

The bigger picture.

I made this exact point after the Cavs game when Wiggins was glued to the bench in the 4th quarter, watching while Steph dug the team out of a hole. I said this shyt can't be happening in the postseason on the road. These games against subpar opponents at home are a red herring; the offense is flowing freely and he's getting easy scoring opportunities. But that's not going to be the case when they have to travel to Utah or Phoenix in the WCF, or against any opponent where they're struggling to generate offense.

The offense isn't going to be all sunshine and rainbows in the postseason. It's going to be ugly and gritty, and they're going to need players to step up and generate offense for themselves and/or the team.

Wiggins is fine when Draymond is hitting him rolling to the rim, or down low, or when he's getting an open three, but when he's been asked to create for himself this season, he's struggled for consistency. Y'all don't notice it because it's covered up by the easy scoring opportunities he gets to balance it out.

Because although it's great they're winning and performing like this now, how many of these guys other than Steph do you really trust on a playoff stage?

Last edited:

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
Exactly. Historically, the Huskies have the Cougs beat 70 percent of the time and the Dawgs won the last 10 consecutive matchups (during his tenure at wsu, Cougs lost every year).

After all the hardships and misfortunes this program has gone through, i.e. Minshew being the golden boy and losing it to WSU before he went pro), the great hope QB that preceded him, Hilinski committed suicide in early 2018, and a slew of other tragic events, our highly polarizing but mostly revered coach leaving recently.... WSU is no stranger to disappointment. lol. Cuz we always find a way to "Coug It!", yet still avidly and unconditionally support that crimson until we die...

We ensure we exemplify our pride/ride or die for it.

Even the world's greatest playboi's ever know what it is...

But regardless of the downfalls and streaks of unlucky sporting outcomes... even when we fail, we still good doing it. So last nights victory was kind of a swan song and also a moment of clartify for Klay, as that win signals his return in the near future... a sign of hope speak to so. It's so divine. You can tell he's more inspired than ever before.

(You also notice how he's been rockin' his Coug apparel during practice and conferences as of late? I know i saw Steph rockin' some DavidsoN apparel of late, but for the most part, athletes want no parts of their old schools/it's not considered cool or "couture").

So unless you're an alum or die hard fan, you won't understand how monumental that win was last night. And the fact that he probably checked his phone right after the Warriors game ended (the Apple Cup wrapped up moments before it)... you can see how he was in his feels.

Klay... this 'Cups for you.

:ohlawd:

See y'all in June my friends.

Damn bruh you almost had me:mjcry:

Bigb41513

I ain’t lying we real San Francisco giants
Daps
Reppin
Bay area

Robbo

All Star
Daps
It's always been about the playoffs though.

The bigger picture.

I made this exact point after the Cavs game when Wiggins was glued to the bench in the 4th quarter, watching while Steph dug the team out of a hole. I said this shyt can't be happening in the postseason on the road. These games against subpar opponents at home are a red herring; the offense is flowing freely and he's getting easy scoring opportunities. But that's not going to be the case when they have to travel to Utah or Phoenix in the WCF, or against any opponent where they're struggling to generate offense.

The offense isn't going to be all sunshine and rainbows in the postseason. It's going to be ugly and gritty, and they're going to need players to step up and generate offense for themselves and/or the team.

Wiggins is fine when Draymond is hitting him rolling to the rim, or down low, or when he's getting an open three, but when he's been asked to create for himself this season, he's struggled for consistency. Y'all don't notice it because it's covered up by the easy scoring opportunities he gets to balance it out.

Because although it's great they're winning and performing like this now, how many of these guys other than Steph do you really trust on a playoff stage?

Yea we will need to see how many more "Cleveland" games he has this year.

Who we trust come playoff time will always be an issue, because Steph will get tons of defensive attention and we don't have KD. But defense will be a major factor. I'll still take Wiggins over Barnes to make a big shot, and definitely over Simmons. Not many guys who can consistently create for themselves like KD did when the offense bogged down.

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps

:sas1:

70 Wins:win:

Warrior's In 6:win:

LMAO we arent going 70+ wins this season. but we can legit hit 60 wins with the way we are playing.

Way I see it, our only competition in the west is Phoenix and Utah. And in the East is Milwaukee, and MAYBE Philly since they were rolling before Embiid caught Covid

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
LMAO we arent going 70+ wins this season. but we can legit hit 60 wins with the way we are playing.

Way I see it, our only competition in the west is Phoenix and Utah. And in the East is Milwaukee, and MAYBE Philly since they were rolling before Embiid caught Covid

Bruh I'm just sticking to my training camp predictions

70 Wins :win:

Warrior's In 6:win: