"It’s kind of tough," Nowitzki said. "I’m like the grandfather of Dallas sports"

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
fukk Dirk.

I can't respect that dude after he phoned it in this season. Dude won ONE NBA championship and is talking like he's at the end of a long storied career. IF ANYBODY ever compares this fukking bum to Larry Bird ever again their throat should be slit and their body should be dumped in a landfill.

:stopitslime:
This dude brought a title to the DALLAS freakin Mavericks. How the hell old are you?

I grew up watching the Mavs with Mike Izzulino, Derek Harper, Roy Tarpley, Jim Jackson, etc. This franchise has been AWFUL for 99% of it's existence pre-Dirk. He finally comes thru in the clutch and y'all clowns whine about it? Even the nikkas in the barber shop respect Dirk these days.

dirk3.jpg

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:stopitslime:
This dude brought a title to the DALLAS freakin Mavericks. How the hell old are you?

I grew up watching the Mavs with Mike Izzulino, Derek Harper, Roy Tarpley, Jim Jackson, etc. This franchise has been AWFUL for 99% of it's existence pre-Dirk. He finally comes thru in the clutch and y'all clowns whine.

dirk3.jpg

I don't give a fukk about that shyt.

I'm talking about his preparation and mentality when it came to defending his championship. Dude acted as if he straight didn't fukking care this season. This is a guy that people kept trying to compare to Larry Bird. Larry was never content to win one title. When you start talking about the greatest to ever do it NONE of them were content with just one title, but this fool acting like he got some lifetime achievement award or some shyt. ANYBODY that shows that kind of lack of competitive fire should be called out on it.

Majestic Pape

The-Coli = W SOHH = L
Daps

I'm talking about his preparation and mentality when it came to defending his championship. Dude acted as if he straight didn't fukking care this season. This is a guy that people kept trying to compare to Larry Bird. Larry was never content to win one title. When you start talking about the greatest to ever do it NONE of them were content with just one title, but this fool acting like he got some lifetime achievement award or some shyt. ANYBODY that shows that kind of lack of competitive fire should be called out on it.

Exactly. Dirk got a pass for that shyt (I think Wade got a pass for it as well, but that's a whole different thread).

Imagine Kobe winning a championship and then taking some time off the next season because he's "tired" because he didn't keep himself in shape.

Dirk won the title - which is great - but now he's pretty much content. Same for the Mavericks franchise overall. This is what separates the greats from the all-time legends.

I guarantee you this - after the Heat wins the title this year, nobody is going to be giving LeBron a pass next season if he comes in out of shape and happy just because he got his one.

Ashyneezz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
fukk Dirk.

I can't respect that dude after he phoned it in this season. Dude won ONE NBA championship and is talking like he's at the end of a long storied career. IF ANYBODY ever compares this fukking bum to Larry Bird ever again their throat should be slit and their body should be dumped in a landfill.

Dang breh you sound hurt? :wow:

jadillac

Veteran
Daps

:beli:

I'm sure you don't, and it just proves you dont know what the hell ur talking about.

Nobody wins by themself. Regardless of Dirk, the very reason the Mavs lost like they did is b/c they were missing Chandler, Stevenson, Barea. LOL @ you acting like they didn't do anything last year. LOL @ you acting like a young Mahimi, old Vince Carter make up the differnce.

Far as Dirk goes, he averaged 22 ppg this season, and 27ppg in the playoffs. Neither number is too far from his average last year.

Now what's ur excuse?

Ashyneezz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Exactly. Dirk got a pass for that shyt (I think Wade got a pass for it as well, but that's a whole different thread).

Imagine Kobe winning a championship and then taking some time off the next season because he's "tired" because he didn't keep himself in shape.

Dirk won the title - which is great - but now he's pretty much content. Same for the Mavericks franchise overall. This is what separates the greats from the all-time legends.

I guarantee you this - after the Heat wins the title this year, nobody is going to be giving LeBron a pass next season if he comes in out of shape and happy just because he got his one.

First off :laff: at the bold. Everyone know the West taking it again this year. And Lebron didn't wait 13 season to get his, he didn't do it with the same team he's been through thick and thin with, he went and teamed up with other big name players, Lebron's team wasn't the underdogs in each matchup, and Lebron is not counted on for each big shot. Try again homie

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
First off :laff: at the bold. Everyone know the West taking it again this year. And Lebron didn't wait 13 season to get his, he didn't do it with the same team he's been through thick and thin with, he went and teamed up with other big name players, Lebron's team wasn't the underdogs in each matchup, and Lebron is not counted on for each big shot. Try again homie

Dallas were rarely considered underdogs. People were picking Dallas to go all the way for years based on their regular season performance only for them to crumble in the playoffs (sometimes to lesser teams). This post season is the second time Dirk has gone to the finals one year only to be knocked out of the first round the following year.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:beli:

I'm sure you don't, and it just proves you dont know what the hell ur talking about.

Nobody wins by themself. Regardless of Dirk, the very reason the Mavs lost like they did is b/c they were missing Chandler, Stevenson, Barea. LOL @ you acting like they didn't do anything last year. LOL @ you acting like a young Mahimi, old Vince Carter make up the differnce.

Far as Dirk goes, he averaged 22 ppg this season, and 27ppg in the playoffs. Neither number is too far from his average last year.

Now what's ur excuse?

I didn't say shyt about anybody winning anything by themselves. And where did I say anything remotely implying they didn't do anything last year? I'm talking specifically about THIS season and Dirk's admitted lack competitive fire coming into the season.

I'm not saying Dirk doesn't have game nor am I saying the Mavs weren't hurt by losing Chandler. I'm saying Dirk got no fukking heart and didn't show up to defend his world championship.

I'll call out ANY player on that bullshyt. Shaq's lazy ass used to do that bullshyt too, but he usually got away with it (until his stint in miami).

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
He's right.. He bought a 'ship to the metroplex while everybody was still on that Cowboys shyt