It may actually be FINALLY happening this time... EA to announce Fight Night reboot

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Naw, it’s just cause sony don’t do backwards compatibility to the PS3 gen.
Backwards compatibility is for broke people that still buy discs from gamestop. hoping to return it for $5 off their next purchase
Digital games should be available on the playstation no matter what the era. If can play the og FF7 a game that came out in 1997 on ps1. i shoud be able to play a ps3 game too.
Fight Night must have some licensing issue like brehs said,

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Backwards compatibility is for broke people that still buy discs from gamestop. hoping to return it for $5 off their next purchase
Digital games should be available on the playstation no matter what the era. If can play the og FF7 a game that came out in 1997 on ps1. i shoud be able to play a ps3 game too.
If I’m not mistaken PS3 had some odd hardware which made it hard to implement backwards compatibility for the PS4. Not sure how that would be for digital purchases though.

Im assuming it’s more than just making PS3 games available. Some work would need to be done to update them

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
It literally is just BC. It works for digital too.

Square re-released FF7 for the PS4 which is why you can play the game.

Sony does not do BC to the PS3 gen. Skate 3 is another big one you can play on xbox but not PS5.

Has nothing to do with digital rights. It’s just BC

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
Most PCs can run FNC now with the RPCS3 emulator...

It even runs on Steam Deck, minus the sound issues it plays well, they even have created fighters...I don't remember Floyd being in this game...

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
What makes you say that? Its the same engine as UFC...

I hope the character models are better cuz this shyt is hilariously bad...

mike-tyson-ufc-5-1k22bgj31db3a.jpg
DJ Envy walking out with Mike Tyson is crazy.

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
I've seen this same rumour 50 times
I know I used to get mad when dudes would bump that other old ass thread...:francis:

I'm very pessimistic but this seems to be legit though, that's why I made this thread...

Its coming directly from people involved in the industry...Same dudes that called out EA bringing back college football...

Cokeboy De la Hoya tweeted about this to so there is smoke here, and where there is smoke, there is a fire...

Daps
Figure with boxing there's some licensing issues....especially trying to include all the old timers as you'd need permission from their families and estates.

I'd love to have a career mode where you can start your journey in any decade from like 1900 all the way through today. So like if you were a fighter in 1910, you'd have to climb the ranks and eventually beat Jack Johnson but if you started your career in the 40s, the top of the ladder would be Joe Louis....maybe pick the best single fighter of each decade and you gotta unlock them.

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
Figure with boxing there's some licensing issues....especially trying to include all the old timers as you'd need permission from their families and estates.

I'd love to have a career mode where you can start your journey in any decade from like 1900 all the way through today. So like if you were a fighter in 1910, you'd have to climb the ranks and eventually beat Jack Johnson but if you started your career in the 40s, the top of the ladder would be Joe Louis....maybe pick the best single fighter of each decade and you gotta unlock them.
They never had issues securing old timers rights, issue was always with current boxers...

Right now EA got Fury and AJ on board (both were in that UFC game) and rumor has it so is Jaron Ennis and Ray Ford...

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Yeah, licensing is rough boxing games, since they need to make individual deals with boxers, instead of just with a players union. That's a big part of why Fight Night Champion is just stuck being a game that's playable only via backward compatibility, instead of something that got remastered.