“It makes us insecure that we can’t do it the same way you can”…. Damn he said it!!! I’m shocked 😳

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
can anyone name one black man or woman traiq has put in a winning position? After all the years he been around he has not put anyone on

93f.jpg

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
"Originally, no. I don't think the Egyptians were that gay with it, for example, women were allowed to exercise and stuff too.

When the Greeks saw it tho, with they gay ass, they prolly felt some type of way. I say that bc, at the time, a loincloth was still in common use all throughout the continent. Most Egyptians wore the fancier version with a little more material, but you'll still see Egyptian workman, for example, wearing loincloths, so I could see them wearing them for wrestling.
Can you imagine how the Greeks would be looking at a bunch of sweat glistening bm in loincloths? :scust:

Physical fitness was considered so important for a pharaoh that part of the Heb-Sed festival, held after the first thirty years of a king's reign to rejuvenate him, focused on his ability to run a course and engage in different tasks along the way (including his skill in archery). Princes were encouraged to exercise regularly, especially in the New Kingdom, because they were expected to lead the army into battle. Egyptologist Toby Wilkinson notes:

While physical exercise was important for royalty, it was not a value limited by social status. Descriptions of sports indicate that people at every level of society enjoyed them and played often. Egyptian kings are frequently depicted at the hunt, but common people are seen in rowing competitions, water-jousting, competitive races, playing handball, and high-jumping competitions among other sports. These were all played in the same way they are in the present day.

Interesting write up, read it if you're interested and have time.

Men enjoyed watching women's gymnastic dance competitions, pageants, swimming, and rowing in the same way they do today. The most famous literary example of this comes from the Westcar Papyrus (dated to the Second Intermediate Period, c. 1782-1570 BCE) and the story of Sneferu and the Green Jewel (also known as The Marvel Which Happened in the Reign of King Sneferu).

In this tale, the king is feeling despondent and his chief scribe suggests he go boating on the lake, saying, "...equip for yourself a boat with all the beauties who are in your palace chamber. The heart of your majesty shall be refreshed at the sight of their rowing as they row up and down" (Simpson, 16). The king does as suggested, commands that "twenty women, the most beautiful in form, with firm breasts, with hair well braided" :skip: be brought and, after spending the afternoon with them, "the heart of His Majesty was pleased at the sight of their rowing" (Simpson, 17). It has been pointed out that the king's pleasure was increased by having all the women take off their clothes and adorn themselves in only netting, but this would have been an acceptable attire for the activity, much as one might change into shorts to go boating in the modern day.
This passed down to their descendants who fled to West Africa. Marital arts in most of Africa is called Wrestling even if they don't actually grapple. Great post.

tuckgod

The high exalted
Daps
"Originally, no. I don't think the Egyptians were that gay with it, for example, women were allowed to exercise and stuff too.

When the Greeks saw it tho, with they gay ass, they prolly felt some type of way. I say that bc, at the time, a loincloth was still in common use all throughout the continent. Most Egyptians wore the fancier version with a little more material, but you'll still see Egyptian workman, for example, wearing loincloths, so I could see them wearing them for wrestling.
Can you imagine how the Greeks would be looking at a bunch of sweat glistening bm in loincloths? :scust:

Physical fitness was considered so important for a pharaoh that part of the Heb-Sed festival, held after the first thirty years of a king's reign to rejuvenate him, focused on his ability to run a course and engage in different tasks along the way (including his skill in archery). Princes were encouraged to exercise regularly, especially in the New Kingdom, because they were expected to lead the army into battle. Egyptologist Toby Wilkinson notes:

While physical exercise was important for royalty, it was not a value limited by social status. Descriptions of sports indicate that people at every level of society enjoyed them and played often. Egyptian kings are frequently depicted at the hunt, but common people are seen in rowing competitions, water-jousting, competitive races, playing handball, and high-jumping competitions among other sports. These were all played in the same way they are in the present day.

Interesting write up, read it if you're interested and have time.

Men enjoyed watching women's gymnastic dance competitions, pageants, swimming, and rowing in the same way they do today. The most famous literary example of this comes from the Westcar Papyrus (dated to the Second Intermediate Period, c. 1782-1570 BCE) and the story of Sneferu and the Green Jewel (also known as The Marvel Which Happened in the Reign of King Sneferu).

In this tale, the king is feeling despondent and his chief scribe suggests he go boating on the lake, saying, "...equip for yourself a boat with all the beauties who are in your palace chamber. The heart of your majesty shall be refreshed at the sight of their rowing as they row up and down" (Simpson, 16). The king does as suggested, commands that "twenty women, the most beautiful in form, with firm breasts, with hair well braided" :skip: be brought and, after spending the afternoon with them, "the heart of His Majesty was pleased at the sight of their rowing" (Simpson, 17). It has been pointed out that the king's pleasure was increased by having all the women take off their clothes and adorn themselves in only netting, but this would have been an acceptable attire for the activity, much as one might change into shorts to go boating in the modern day.
Yeah man, I’m sure the Igbo on here can speak to how important wrestling was to pre-colonial African culture and it had nothing to do with homosexuality and everything to do with repping your village or whatever.

I believe that’s how a lot of beefs were settled

Rick Fox at UNC

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Boys
When Tariq was naming volleyball and hockey as things “white people have” I wanted to yell at the screen “you nikkas have the fukking country, the economy, corporate America, the government, the fukking world nikka shut up”

Lol, who? The average white dude has none of that. Stop giving these dudes so much credit.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
Once again Tariq Nasheed being polite and respectful to a white racist

What's wrong with being civil with a racist person? Shouting will get you nowhere and you don't look like the better person. With a calm mindset you can get your point across, it's then up to the audience on who they decide is right. Tariq did good.