It cost $220M to dev TLOU2 (The economics of AAA games) Update: Spider-man 2 info

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
@gurf These are not slides from a year ago.

They are internal comments from insomniac leadership just last month

A more recent presentation in November points to potentially more drastic cuts. “Slimming down Ratchet and cutting new IP will not account for the reductions Sony is looking for,” reads a PowerPoint note attributed to Insomniac head Ted Price. “To remove 50-75 people strategically, our best option is to cut deeply into Wolverineand Spider-Man 3, replacing lower performers with team members from Ratchet and new IP.”

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
No i think you don’t know what you are talking about and you desperate for a spin :umad:
I didn’t post anything but numbers from insomniac.

Crazy how they lined up directly to what i said in the OP.

Don’t know why y’all like to argue with me.

Literally EVERY TIME i’m right in the end.

Just start quoting me instead of your cac tweets :wow:

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
@gurf These are not slides from a year ago.

They are internal comments from insomniac leadership just last month
Yea Sony might have been putting out the word changes need to be made, but once upper management gets eyes on selling those record breaking november console numbers shyt might change again.

Hell we all know why you seeing these talks about cuts (bungie BS, shift away from GAAS), which means after seeing these numbers they might just infuse more money on these single player games since it obvious they're moving systems.

Once again you posting shyt before they broke records. I don't think you understand the significance of having the best November EVER

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I didn’t post anything but numbers from insomniac.

Crazy how they lined up directly to what i said in the OP.

Don’t know why y’all like to argue with me.

Literally EVERY TIME i’m right in the end.

Just start quoting me instead of your cac tweets :wow:

Just like yall was posting numbers from insomniac yesterday and it ended up being outdated and out of context? Again, yall don’t know what you’re actually reading and you’re desperately looking for something to take the edge off those xbox numbers

Like i said, get a good nights rest :youngsabo:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Yea Sony might have been putting out the work changes need to be made, but once upper management gets an eyes on selling those record breaking november console numbers shyt might change again.

Hell we all know why you seeing these talks about cuts (bungie BS, shift away from GAAS), which means after seeing these numbers they might just infuse more money on these single player games since it obvious they're moving systems.
They were breaking records all year with PS5 sales. Still firing people.

Sony stan denial is strong AF :wow:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
They were breaking records all year with PS5 sales. Still firing people.

Sony stan denial is strong AF :wow:

just like how a company that makes billions of dollars an hour lays off 16k+ employees

https://www.geekwire.com/2023/new-numbers-show-microsoft-cut-more-than-16000-jobs-in-nine-months/#:~:text=Microsoft's%20global%20headcount%20dropped%20to,by%20the%20company%20in%20January.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Just like yall was posting numbers from insomniac yesterday and it ended up being outdated and out of context? Again, yall don’t know what you’re actually reading and you’re desperately looking for something to take the edge off those xbox numbers

Like i said, get a good nights rest :youngsabo:
Those were clearly projections as it was talking about games not even out yet. No one ever claimed otherwise.

These are comments from Insomniac. They talk about going over those projections

314 minutes of cinematics alone cost over $40 million. The final cost was roughly $30 million over the original $270 million budget…..The presentation also directly called out cinematics and scene length as one area that had “sprawled out past our initial estimates

Movie Games:mjcry:

Don’t worry tho Wolverine will be much smaller in scope with less movies

Wolverine, on the other hand, will feature a centralized story-design pipeline to try and streamline things.
:ehh:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
just like how a company that makes billions of dollars an hour lays off 16k+ employees

https://www.geekwire.com/2023/new-numbers-show-microsoft-cut-more-than-16000-jobs-in-nine-months/#:~:text=Microsoft's%20global%20headcount%20dropped%20to,by%20the%20company%20in%20January.
They cut costs where the profit margins were not working out :ehh:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Spider-man 3 and wolverine out already??? :dahell:

Oh, did you not dap this?

IMG_3268

:mjlol: