IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

ryda518

Randy Orton=Legend Killer
Daps
Reppin
bx all day
Brehs I wished I downloaded this Anki flashcard program months ago:blessed:

For anyone new to this or for anyone asking themselves "how the fukk do I remember all of this", use this

Sane

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London Town
Brehs I wished I downloaded this Anki flashcard program months ago:blessed:

For anyone new to this or for anyone asking themselves "how the fukk do I remember all of this", use this
I had the Anki Desktop program for a while, I only just realized they have a phone app.
I read good article on how to use it to learn a programming language Janki Method | Jack Kinsella - Analyst Berlin

Pyrexcup

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not going to lie been very busy at work we've had a couple of seventies. so've been getting extra many calls :whew:. I've been having so many excuses latley to why i have not been programing time to really start getting busy again cant have come all this way only to start slacking. By next autumn next year I want to have gotten a new better job dont want to be stuck at bytchass level 1 helpdesk forever. Been doing some research lately and seems to me learning java is the way forward so im going to download head first into java. Already went through abit of head first into html and i liked the book might as well try their java version. time to get on my grind again so i can get away from here

Daps
Reppin
NULL
So am looking at teaching myself CCNA & taking the test, could someone give an insight into what the best study materials are.

Also at 25 with no degree do you think it would be worth going down this route? I have experience in IT was self employed for several years etc so learnings not going to be a problem it's just i dont want to waste my time if am not going to be employable after

ryda518

Daps
Reppin
bx all day
*starts reading and coding at 3*, *watch GOT*, * back to reading till 1*

My day off and I can't stop , you ever get that feeling where you don't understand something and you can't stop till you get it? fukking killing me yesterday

So i'm doing a function and in this function i'm doing a for/in loop and transferring the properties from one object into another, I understand that if they both have the same property name that one that is inheriting will be overwritten. Is there a way you can say "hey this property will be overwritten, change it" from like an if statement?

daps/reps for whoever can help on that

Dada

Face===>Heel
Daps
Was the developer thread combined with this one or is it buried?

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
*starts reading and coding at 3*, *watch GOT*, * back to reading till 1*

My day off and I can't stop , you ever get that feeling where you don't understand something and you can't stop till you get it? fukking killing me yesterday

So i'm doing a function and in this function i'm doing a for/in loop and transferring the properties from one object into another, I understand that if they both have the same property name that one that is inheriting will be overwritten. Is there a way you can say "hey this property will be overwritten, change it" from like an if statement?

daps/reps for whoever can help on that

Javascript? And what exactly are you trying to do? Copy the properties from one object into a new blank object?

ryda518

Daps
Reppin
bx all day
Javascript? And what exactly are you trying to do? Copy the properties from one object into a new blank object?

reading the definitive guide

just making up some code, and I noticed that problem

I'm guessing people would just change one of the property names

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
reading the definitive guide

just making up some code, and I noticed that problem

I'm guessing people would just change one of the property names

Post an example of the code you are working on so I can see exactly what you are trying to do

ryda518

Daps
Reppin
bx all day
Post an example of the code you are working on so I can see exactly what you are trying to do

i'll make one up from memory

var a = { x:1,y:2,z:3};
var b = {x:2,y1:2,z1:3};

function combine(a,b) {
for(prop in a) {
b[prop] = a[prop] ;
}
return b;
}

console.log(a,b);

x
y
y1
z
z1

is the result, see how b's x property is gone?