IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

BeerOnTheBeach

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Just took and passed the 1101 to be certified now. I know the next step is either Security or Network, which one would y'all recommend hitting first?
Congrats. What did the test look like? Going to take mine in two weeks. What's a good training resource or practice tests site?

KingsnBucs1987

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Indianapolis
Congrats. What did the test look like? Going to take mine in two weeks. What's a good training resource or practice tests site?
Test wasn't too crazy, 6 Performance Based Questions and another 70 multiple choice questions I think. The wording used on some of the questions almost tripped me up, but I went through each question and additional time to make sure I was confident in the answer.

I used Professor Messer's A+ 1101 and 2 PDFs and videos and there's an app phones you can get called IT and Security which just quizzes you on different subjects in IT and has 3 practice exams

I went through that shyt constantly, like went through the Messer videos once a week every week for like month or 2 straight just listening while I was doing something else.

You can find practice exams on udemy and I think Messer's website has some as well.

Good luck on the exam breh and don't overthink it, that's how I fukked up on my first attempt of the 1002.

NYtymes

All Star
Daps
Im looking to pivot into cybersecurity from desktop support, what type of entry level roles should I look for?