Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

m0rninggl0ry

All Star
Daps
I need a playlist for tonight's episode!

The ending was point But I'm going to need Lawerence to use condoms.

I feel for Molly. Black women bust their ass and never get the credit or any type of acknowledgment and I he speaks up, she'll come off as the angry black woman

The house function tho! Takes me back. Actually i see grown men from time time engage in that type of activity ( blood walking, using "B" in Everything like Balifornia, Bouch, Bute)

its fukked up how Issa supervisor makes Issa and the other white girl go to the other "low testing" schools while her constituents have it easy

Lawerecne friend made a point and Lawernce room Tasha out not cuz he likes her persay but he felt bad he wasn't taking her out although she's just a good fuxk

Breh needs to be careful. Issa is dikkmatized, Tasha is dikkmatized and becky the good hair will be dikkmatized

m0rninggl0ry

All Star
Daps
This Blood party

:deadmanny::dead::deadrose:

That shyt exists!!

#LawrenceHive

shyt looked bleak for a second there but we triumphed in the end :banderas:

He fukked Issa because of his Ego and mixed emtions. He's hurt, got love for her but he knows he can always hit it because of Issa vulnerability and as cthagod says once my box, always my box

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
The "Hive" thing really misses entire theme of the show, or at least obsesses over the shallowest aspects of it, it's a shame some will take that from it, some sort of man vs woman, when it's about learning more about relationships in general, and what makes them so essential and fascinating to us. I guess it's human nature to want to pick sides and relate from one angle. Whatever.

Very strong premiere, I wasn't expecting less, but they have continued with great direction, music, sharp writing, and often hilarious supporting characters. To me the theme of the premiere, and the season will be loneliness and vulnerability and what it makes us do. Issa flicks through Bumble or Tinder, sits through dates, agonizes over her ex, and has unfulfilling sex with him, in the pursuit of easing the ache of being alone. Lawerence, for his part, is not long with Tasha, and misses Issa's intellect and perspective, yet keeps it up for now, rather than be alone. Probably why he doesn't want to get his own place. That last scene I thought it was a fantasy at first. Never been in a relationship, def. had the spontaneous sex, not anywhere that desperate and impassive, just neediness bleeding through each other. Pretty dark, to see that emotional stranglehold in action.

Loved the scenes at the party, reminded me of high school, rolling blunts on magazines, the escalation of an empty house or apartment into a smoky, drug filled unpredictable, chaotic room.

"get the hell up off my mail"

"Do you think the cold has anything to do with how violent it is how out there...."

"You can do it....if you put your back into it" (middle school shyt for me)

"but I have.....I'm not a cheater anymore...."

"I brought a wine opener in case you didn't have one"

"you ever locked up abroad....they gon lock a broad up"

Need the song that closed out the episode. edit: Jazmin Sullivan, "Let It Burn". Glad she made it in the game, after Jadakiss album placements in 2009.

Last edited: