Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Strong finale, the locales and scenery are so gorgeous, and the music so perfect, you wish the show was a few minutes longer, and indulged in the visuals a little longer. The dreamy, peaceful daydream of Malibu, and the PCH, really dope. Loved the commentary on friendships and the interplay, sub groups within them, hidden resentments, jealousies, and the nature of relationships as they hit the 15 year mark. Also, the biting sarcasm and scathing critique of elements of 'male culture' as the men at the strip club toss of lines like "these new black bytches be on some bullshyt...", while tossing dollars in a strip club, where women have decided to trade their bodies and intimacy for money.....That's sharp, ugly, truthful shot at aspects of male subcultures, as the men toss of further lines about girls sucking dikk on the first date, and real women who stayed with their men, despite blatant cheating. Also, Molly and Issa in the car headed back to interior LA, as Issa apologizes and Molly vents her anger, under the guise of helping her with Lawerence. Really touched on their friendship, and how you handle pain and conflict in such old and vital friendships...."I can't imagine life without you"....And the two friends on the same couch that had been put out months ago, and still remained, on the curb, nursing their wine, and wounds was a fitting end.

-Wanted to touch on the end briefly, I read it a little darker, and less celebratory, those aspects of the show, and many of viewers reactions kind of illustrate, what I see as this impulse by men and women to turn relationships, intimacy, sex into a kind of bloody war of attrition of who can hurt who more. I see with many people I know, how so many hide behind their cruelty, because they are afraid to be vulnerable. This isn't an indictment of Lawerence or his actions, but the themes behind them.

-I read the phone call to Issa, as him realizing he'd rather sleep with Tasha, then pay for sex, and he decided to set that up.

-I have a week left on Tidal

-"he really not going to do shyt....he not"

You have a blog? If not you should start one. You're an excellent writer and your recaps/insights are dope

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
MY......nikka.....LAWRENCE!!!
rs_500x205-141111110719-tumblr_inline_n6zfifb7EU1roqajj.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

my nicca beat the breaks off that p*ssy too :salute: had to let out all that frustration :wow: and thank the heavens for showing some cot dayum nudity for once :noah: and it was the baddest chick too :banderas:. Show might've just topped atlanta for that one scene alone :youngsabo:....ep went from great to GOAT in a matter of seconds :ohlawd:

Boqorad

Rookie
Daps
OMG he really fukked that big breasted bish :damn:

Poor Issa... But i guess she did bring this on herself tho :francis: