Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

Diyhai

En Causa Sui
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I CANNOT believe Lawrence fukked that thirsty ho after reaching out to Issa. :stopitslime:

I felt like I was personally being cheated on at the end of this episode...you nikkas ain't shyt. :to::mjcry:
:scust: she thristy cause she actually supported the nygga :smh:
Lawrence probably really did wanna be with Issa
But she not trustworthy at all
gonna fukk a dude and not tell and think its cool :comeon:
u can't fix that shyt especially doing it when they was tryna work shyt out

Last edited:

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When Lawrence was calling Issa I was :dwillhuh::francis:

When they cut to the Best Buy shirt and him fukking Tasha, I legit did the
dstfp.gif

luckyse7enz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit/Los Angeles
Our boy Lawrence finally did it! :obama:

i9oPelm8vSNY.gif

...and he did it in the most honorable way.

Made sure he got all his shyt, left the key, got the sweetest psychological revenge by leaving her with that last shred of hope, then dipped and landed in the FATTEST ass of an upgraded chick. :blessed: :wow:

Left the Best Buy shirt in the closet on the low-key "I don't hang on to trash" mind-fukkery tip.:banderas:

jwall123

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Baudimore
I CANNOT believe Lawrence fukked that thirsty ho after reaching out to Issa. :stopitslime:

I felt like I was personally being cheated on at the end of this episode...you nikkas ain't shyt. :to::mjcry:

I am interested in hearing why you cant believe Lawrence fukked Tasha?

To me, it boils down to this (which is why I am a fan of Lawrence handling the aftermath of the relationship the way he did).

1. Was it not Issa who violated the unspoke agreement of their relationship which was to STAY faithful.
2. Was it not Issa who decided to dip earlier in the series to "satisfy an itch."
3. Her support was seriously lacking until he upgraded his situation.
4. She cheated, then lied, the proceeded to keep it quiet until he brought it up.

Tasha just played her part in this. When she found out he had a girl, she fell back. Lawrence told Tasha he had a girl and deaded the whole situation. Lawrence diligently grinded until he found the perfect job (even took a position way below his paygrade). He harassed Issa when the pseudo-broke up to get to the nucleus of their issues (which were unspoken). And when Issa blows his phone up, we expect him to come running back with open arms? Nah. Can't do it. Lawrence did all he could do in this situation. He left Issa alone. He put Issa in a situation which presents the agony of a relationship gone wrong... she has to deal with the sting of losing a great man because of her desire to pursue an old fling. She got what she wanted. Her actions dictated her fate.

On another note, this show is excellent because it allows us to have this kind of dialogue. I have not been engaged with a show in this way for so long.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I agree. They should have made him be drunk off his ass to do that. No real nikka, which Lawrence officially is, is gonna call his ex chick that cheated on some I miss u shyt. thats that move you make like a month or a few months later after drinking too much

He didn't call her to simp. He called her to see how far away she was and how much time he had to make moves.

Lawrence is for the CULTURE:win:

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Strong finale, the locales and scenery are so gorgeous, and the music so perfect, you wish the show was a few minutes longer, and indulged in the visuals a few moments more. The dreamy, peaceful daydream of Malibu, and the PCH, really dope. Loved the commentary on friendships and the interplay, sub groups within them, hidden resentments, jealousies, and the nature of relationships as they hit the 15 year mark. Also, the biting sarcasm and scathing critique of elements of 'male culture' as the men spit out lines like "these new black bytches be on some bullshyt...", while tossing dollars in a strip club, where women have decided to trade their bodies and intimacy for money.....That's sharp, ugly, truthful shot at aspects of male subcultures, as the men casually throw off further lines about girls sucking dikk on the first date, and 'real' women who stayed with their men, despite blatant cheating. Also, Molly and Issa in the car headed back to interior LA, as Issa apologizes and Molly vents her anger, under the guise of helping her with Lawerence. Really touched on their friendship, and how you handle pain and conflict in such old and vital friendships...."I can't imagine life without you"....And the two friends on the same couch that had been put out months ago, and still remained, on the curb, nursing their wine, and wounds was a fitting end.

-Wanted to touch on the end briefly, I read it a little darker, and less celebratory, those aspects of the show, and many of viewers reactions kind of illustrate, what I see as this impulse by men and women to turn relationships, intimacy, sex into a kind of bloody war of attrition of who can hurt who more. I see with many people I know, how so many hide behind their cruelty, because they are afraid to be vulnerable. This isn't an indictment of Lawerence or his actions, but the themes behind them.

-I read the phone call to Issa, as him realizing he'd rather sleep with Tasha, then pay for sex, and he decided to set that up.

-"I have a week left on Tidal"

-"he really not going to do shyt....he not"

Last edited: