Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
So can we get a betting line on them getting back together by the end of the season?

wonder what the timeline will be for this season…a couple months? A year? If a year, I can see them getting back together, seen this situation firsthand, it just takes some distancing from the initial news and parents figuring out how to co-parent

I’m 100% of the opinion their going to get back together. You wouldn’t START the season with them breaking up if they weren’t going to eventually get back together. Issa is going to give the fans what they want and they’ve ALWAYS wanted Issa and Lawrence together.

Besides bringing it full circle they broke up at the end of the first season so their going to get back together at the end of the last season

Solo_87

All Star
Daps
Ok ep

Kinda slow

The issa in the mirror scene was the highlight and ol girl setting em up

Guess they are trying to rectify the series lack of character developement when it comes to Kelly or maybe poking fun...but at this point rather they give that screen time to Issa

Tired of the back and forth with Lawrence

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Issa and Molly got a little taste of Robbin’ Season like Earn and Al did. :mjlol:

All the throwback music joints from the Ringtone Era that played in this episode :wow:

I gotta rewatch the last season. Can’t remember if I rocked with Canola or not :pachaha:
Canola, Condola, Corona, Condolences…it’s looking rough for Lawrence out here. The downward slope since the second season. :huhldup:

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
I drew a comic bout it. lol

Evilnathan.jpg
This was all I could think about when watching the season preview. :deadmanny:

Nathan about to cash in his briefcase and come through with the dub. Lawrence has got to come to terms, be a father, and ultimately settle down. He needs to jump over that Issa hurdle. Of course there will be drama though.

It’s dope that him and Issa can just exchange a look, non-verbal, and both come out having a mutual understanding.

Last edited:

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
I think they over use her. Great writer on the show and good in smaller comic relief bits but once she got good fan response they overdid it.

I did like her other parts in the episode, just not too much over the top antics

100% feel the same way about here. She's great for the comic relief in small doses, but I find her antics can be over the top at times

30 mins is what Dramedy series usually aim for. Barry and Ted Lasso are both 30 min shows.

I swear by Barry but is Ted Lasso really like that? I'm a big soccer fan but I haven't checked it out yet