Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Facts Issa is dope

yeah, I never saw Awkward Black Girl but brehs on here made it sound like it was just a anti black male swirl fest so I wrote off Issa when Insecure was announced. But when Insecure dropped it was a DAMN good show and spoke directly to my/our generation where everyone got smoke because nobody is perfect.

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
at least from what ive seen from Insecure Id say Issa is way better than her peers like Lena white who’s work seem to he disconnected from reality
Not gonna lie, the last season of the chi wasn’t that great. I was excited because my homey was an extra on the first episode back &I love everything Chicago about that show, but the guest stars are starting to make it feel like empire...

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Not gonna lie, the last season of the chi wasn’t that great. I was excited because my homey was an extra on the first episode back &I love everything Chicago about that show, but the guest stars are starting to make it feel like empire...

honestly I could make it through like 3 episodes in the first season. I'm not a 'street cat' but the show was too fairy tale for me. I can see how people like it I guess but it wasn't grounded in reality nor entertaining enough to combat that (i.e. the wire got farfetched at times but the story and characters were so good you ignored it).

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
honestly I could make it through like 3 episodes in the first season. I'm not a 'street cat' but the show was too fairy tale for me. I can see how people like it I guess but it wasn't grounded in reality nor entertaining enough to combat that (i.e. the wire got farfetched at times but the story and characters were so good you ignored it).

What was the most far fetched thing on the wire?

Mission249

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
at least from what ive seen from Insecure Id say Issa is way better than her peers like Lena white who’s work seem to he disconnected from reality
I get frustrated when our community artificially props up sub-par talent as if that's all we got and we should just be happy we're here.

We've got plenty of legit talent like Issa, the industry just needs to adapt to new ways of finding it (like youtube), and the mediocre talent needs to be moved aside or be forced to step their game up.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
Not sure if I'm all that interested in Rap shyt. I'm trying to imagine it, and all I really picture is the awkward rap segments and studio sessions with Daniel from Insecure expanded into an entire series, except it'll be more idk...thottish I guess. Wap meets Broken p*ssy :skip:

Willing to at least give it an episode cuz I like Issa but I could see myself dropping it quick if it's basically what my imagination is rendering.

I'm personally more excited to see if they are going to order the hip hop wrestling show she is doing with The Rock. That sounds more up my alley:mjgrin:

Piff Tannen

Superstar
Daps
@Milk N Cookies have you seen the promo for the knockoff version of insecure called "Run the World"? :mjpls:

:leon:From the creators of "Living Single"

:upsetfavre:and the executive producer of Dear white people

how does Amber west stay getting roles? She plays the same person in everything I see her in. On top of that, I get the feeling the only time she be around black people is when she's onset