Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Five seasons is a good ass run.

I wanna be surprised at the news but I'm not. Hate to lose an HBO staple, though Issa is trying to venture onto bigger and better things. I respect it. :ehh:

Yeah, 5 seasons is a good run for any show and considering the nature of the show and Issa's growth throughout both in her professional/personal life it makes sense. I remember an earlier interview w/Desus & Mero years ago, where she said she could see the show going 5 seasons. She has a development deal with HBO I believe with different projects in development, so I look forward to seeing what she does next.

CW_1991

Banned
Daps
I was just coming to post about this. Hopefully it's a satisfying ending. I really want to see Issa and Lawrence come out happy in the end.

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
Sounds good. 5 years is a good run. When does the last season drop?
I think they announced the script was complete about a few weeks ago. Now... to film, edit, and air.

this is going to be tough for me... I love this show.

klutch2381

A Doctor of Love
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you think you're lonely now, ohhh girl...
I’m late because Insecure (outside of season one) doesn’t interest me enough to watch it weekly. I finally binged season 4. I must say:

Lawrence took a HUGE L. :wow: :gucci:

Mans ran a whole marathon in regard to self-discovery, empowerment, growth, dating, etc. and seemed to be coming out the other side of shyt’s creek on some Andy Dufrense shyt. He had glowed up, but only to become a baby daddy. :wow:

He thought he was going to be in SF with them Bay Area biddies.... new job, corner office, his own team. :wow:

Now he has a lifetime commitment with a woman he dated for a few weeks, and doesn’t even want to be with. Just as him and his “soulmate” were reuniting and looking at the possibilities of the future.

That nikka lost!!!! :picard:

Last edited:

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
I'll be sad to see this end, but at least they're filming seasons 3 and 4 of Atlanta back to back (last I heard).