Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
I doubt them Dro and Tasha comeback due to all the drama they caused off the set
They had a baby together out of nowhere and Dro's real girlfriend found out on twitter:mjlol:
I believe that's why they killed the Molly/Dro story line in the first episode:skip:

:dwillhuh: This is my first time hearing about this. You mean Dro is a scumbag in real life too? :wow:

The PROBLEM with season 3 is that Issa is the weakest primary character on her own show yet is an even stronger focus than prior yesrs. I'm not sure if the writers are aware of this or what, but most women and men I know cite Molly as their favorite female character. And obviously Lawrence has a huge following. Lawrence not being around and Molly taking a back seat story wise compared to Issa is why this year has been whack.

The show's strength was never her, but Molly and him and the cinematography, and the music, and the writing.

I disagree with this. Issa is the hub and driving force between all these characters. Her flaws make the other characters seem better by contrast. Without her it doesn't work as well.

Daniel, Lawrence, Nathan, a good few of them dudes she tried to keep in her "hoe-tation", all would have no problem getting women and such was shown. What does Issa offer? She isn't particularly smart or fashionable, she isn't particularly engaging, obviously comes off pretty selfish and inconsiderate...

I agree with this. I been saying there's no way the dudes who date Issa would choose her given ALLLLL the talent in LA. But I will say Issa's most attractive quality is that she has a good sense of humor. Most women don't have a good sense of humor so that sets her apart. But that would only get you friend or fukk buddy status with most nikkas. Given all of Issa's problems, I can't see why a dude would want to seriously build with her.

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
Lawrence Hive reassembling for tonight's episode like

lawrencehive-feat.png
Why Mike got them wrinkled ass khakis on

The_Truth

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
Felt the energy tonight. I loved that Issa and Lawrence scene. Awesome chemistry between them. I hope they stay friends.

Liked the group action with the girls too. More of that please.

The last few episodes and the knowledge that there are only two episodes left in the season really make the other episodes this season feel like filler.

KING WILL

Superstar
Daps
Best esp of the season so far. The show has really missed that issa/Law dynamic.

W/O Dro and Molly still fukking, Dro's wife being preggo isn't that big of a deal.

Esp. was well acted too. The scene w/ the 4 ladies outside talking about the baby shower was dope.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I doubt them Dro and Tasha comeback due to all the drama they caused off the set
They had a baby together out of nowhere and Dro's real girlfriend found out on twitter:mjlol:
I believe that's why they killed the Molly/Dro story line in the first episode:skip:

I knew the woman who played Tasha had a baby recently, but I didn't know it was by that dude.

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
:dwillhuh: This is my first time hearing about this. You mean Dro is a scumbag in real life too? :wow:

I knew the woman who played Tasha had a baby recently, but I didn't know it was by that dude.
Not to turn this into a LSA thread but yeah, Tasha had Dro's baby in real life:mjlol:

'Insecure''s 'Dro' And 'Tasha' Welcome Child Together

Congrats are in order for DomiNque Perry and Sarunas J. Jackson of Insecure fame. The actors are not only a couple, but they just welcomed their first child together.

Perry, who stars as Lawrence’s former romantic interest Tasha, posted a photo of her newborn daughter Zen Giselle-Yvette Wednesday (May 23) on her Instagram page.

“”Zen”…. you’re so perfect… thank you God for appointing me the wonderful job of being her mommy,” she wrote in the caption of her photo.

Jackson, who first appeared in Season Two of the HBO show as Molly’s lover Dro (who is in an open marriage), subsequently posted a photo of a baby swaddled in the same blanket on Twitter with the caption, “NWTS,” a likely reference to the slogan and Drake album, Nothing Was The Same.

Rumors began to swirl that Jackson was in a relationship with another woman and cheated on the unnamed woman with Perry. There was also chatter than Jackson was sending shots aimed at his baby mama. However, Jackson was quick to squash the rumors on social media sites.

“Lots of y’all just want “tea” and don’t care about the individuals you are lying on,” he wrote on his Instagram story. “Don’t be a drama addict. Don’t let social media change your morals.”

Fans of the show still didn’t see this coming, as the couple has not publicly declared their courtship. Nonetheless, we are thrilled for them and so is their Insecure family.

“Wow! Congratulations!!!” wrote the show’s creator and star Issa Rae under Perry’s photo of her new addition, while Insecure’s show runner Prentice Penny also wished her well.

Rae announced last week that Insecure’s third season will premiere on Aug. 12. We can’t wait to see how Dro and Tasha play into it if they are involved this time around.

gldnone913

Integrity and Consistency
Daps
Reppin
VA
Issa been fukkin raw for three seasons, but Lawrence is the one to get a STD :patrice: Ok.

This was a proper closure for Lawrence, at least for now. I think the show would benefit from Issa and Lawrence going in different directions....seems like Lawrence wasn't done w/ Issa tho. That possibility was still there

My dog Nathan in the wind :mjpls: