Daps
L My Ass :wow:
DHKcUTFWsAAXn_A.jpg:large

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Loved the episode, I really think this is the best show on TV, every single episode is so sharply written, scored, and shot, it's really top tier television, not just for the moment, but this will be iconic or close to it, as what the 2010's were like for those of us in the age range, esp. in Southern Cali, though the themes are universal. It's as poignant as it is funny, sweet as it is edgy, and bitter.

To me, this episode is all about deconstructing and analyzing the single life in your early 30's, the club scene, and LA's scene is particular. It also had some sharp insights into Lawerence, through the scenes with the two "LA hoes", but moreso the ones that preceded it. I'll start with the threesome it's obviously exaggerated, (just the casual nature of it to that character) but it's to make a point, and throw the audience some red meat, the point though is intimacy, and what that means to us, individually. Those hoes used him up, the way men frequently do, or brag about doing, esp in music, (examples in the show's soundtrack) he thought he was unique and special, and to them, he was just a sex prop, that they dismissed when he couldn't perform. He felt cheap and demeaned, not at all the way he, or men are taught they will feel through menage a trois. This works on a few levels, at male/female gender roles, but mainly how all of us have to make decisions about what we value, sexually and otherwise, and move accordingly. The cop scene was also important, I'll weigh in after I watch a second time, but it's also about identity, and role playing, and how people can make you uncomfortable without realizing.

Can't say I've had a threesome but I've been around that scene enough to have my experiences, and that kind of sex has never really worked for me. I remember feeling that lost, kind of defeated feeling whenever I had sex with someone and there were no real feelings.

The club scenes....very LA, very So. Cal, that whole scene, wherever you are from, perfectly captured. The girls night out, the hidden motivations, false and real confidence, the way women deal with each other, the same way men do, (how drunk do I have to be) as Molly recognized the warning sign of Issa heading for a trainwreck. Sort of the inability of people to communicate for fear of being vulnerable, as Issa stumbled through a conversation with Daniel, who I am glad to see has shown up, back to the stable, non stalking, unhinged Daniel we last saw, at the close of last season. All Issa needed to say was 'I am sorry, I was hurtful and I don't feel that way, I was really not comfortable with you showing up at that event, and I reacted badly", for his part all he needed to say was that he understood he was out of line to show up like that. He was doing the "lets just move forward and not address anything..now) and she was trying to sell him she was emotionally stable and confident, which isn't true.

How many times I've sat with girls I wasn't (and was) very interested in.... in some club, or some hotel, lounge, lobby, as my friends and the girls drunkenly fumbled with conversations and flirtation, everyone with different and at times unspoken agendas, and the balancing act and sacrifices it all amounts too. The lonely feeling of being on the club in your phone, (flipping through Tinder) because we want to be in control right? And a club can very much feel like you are not in control. Real chemistry between Molly and Dro, and real chemistry and intimacy between Issa and Daniel, as she leaves the late night meal purgatory to sit with someone she feels comfortable with, and not adjacent to under the table penetration lol

*regarding the dialouge, I felt it was intentional, the discomfort and out of sync feeling conversations can have when things are forced...and Issa was FORCING her self confidence crazy extra in the opening scenes, which happens to all of us. But, the club life is a major factor there. Everyone has to be "on", everyone has to be killing it, snaps and pics need to be "lit", men are encouraged to fukk anything they can, women want to "slay", high pressure for many.

Last edited:

Edub

Veteran
Daps
be proud of being a fetish for coke head white bytches who fukk a bunch of nikkas and eating them out and fukking them raw brehs

full

True.....but the nikka just gettin' his freak on at the end of the day:yeshrug:

Sex without love is people using each other regardless.....so what's the diff.:manny: