Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

southern.girl

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Starkset
I argued for half a day with the chicks over on LSA about this. Clearly, Lawrence is too good for Tasha because she's not college educated, Issa and he attended prestigious universities, Tasha isn't of the same class so it'll never work. This was the rationale I was given and because I disagreed and simply stated men don't necessarily view women like we do, whether I was college educated was called into question. Lol... crazy.

I think Issa and Tasha are on the same level. I don't see how Tasha is so beneath her or Lawrence.

As a man, I have to cosign you. Obviously, everybody is different, but any man who needs their woman to be of a certain "class" is not going to view Issa and her We Got You checks any different than Tasha the bank teller. They're gonna need you to be Molly-esque. The real barometer is how your circle of friends treat you. In my experience, a prestigious college educated guy is not going to be judged by his college educated boys for wifing a chick who didn't go to college. We don't care about that shyt. A group of college educated women, will judge their college educated girl for seriously dating a plumber tho, from what I've seen.

I put "class" in quotation marks cuz Issa, Lawrence, and Tasha all seem to be from the same class. If Lawrence was truly from a higher class, none of what I said above would apply...theres some uppity black folk lol

Tasha is not basic b/c she's part of the working class, or whatever you want to identify her social status as. She is basic b/c she represents a desperate woman with no standards.

Issa is making all the wrong decisions since cheating on Lawrence, but, I liken her character to a girl who stayed with their college boyfriend and always expected them to live happily ever after. She is now facing the reality that she's has to learn how to date, on the fly, in her late 20s b/c she was shielded by her relationship.

Molly makes terrible decisions as well but she comes across as the "too picky" type, IMO.

SmarkMero

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm late to the party, just caught up with the last two eps but ...IN!
tumblr_otkvfjbncS1qkv7f9o1_500.gif

Tasha's Bhocolate self in ep 1:wow:

Last edited: