Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

Daps
I can't cap...

I think the writers were trying to show that Tasha and Lawrence were in different classes based on the discussions that Tasha was trying to have with Lawrence that he clearly wasn't into. Gossip and drama filled shyt.

While men aren't particularly judged by their friends for dating a woman who isn't college educated and we typically don't care about that type of thing since we're supposed to be the breadwinners, it does matter to me. A lot of the women I've dealt with who weren't college educated just haven't been on my level and since most women these days are going to college, I see no reason why I shouldn't date a woman who's gone to college.

I can see that. If that's where the writers were going then I don't think they executed it well. Lawrence nor Issa seems upper class to me. They just both went to college. Do they have graduate degrees? Anywho, I just took it as Tasha being a different type of woman than what he's use to, i.e Issa. Not necessarily in a different class but that could be the case. I can't recall what his conversations with Issa were like but I feel they were mostly complaining from her end so I don't think the audience has been able to gauge what type of convos they have with each other. Also, Issa was running around rapping about broken p**** and all. That's not very classy. Lol

In regards to your dating experiences, I can see that. But it doesn't seem like that's a deal breaker for you. The chicks on LSA were really pushing it as if they should be higher on the dating totem pole solely because they're college educated.

Daps
As a man, I have to cosign you. Obviously, everybody is different, but any man who needs their woman to be of a certain "class" is not going to view Issa and her We Got You checks any different than Tasha the bank teller. They're gonna need you to be Molly-esque. The real barometer is how your circle of friends treat you. In my experience, a prestigious college educated guy is not going to be judged by his college educated boys for wifing a chick who didn't go to college. We don't care about that shyt. A group of college educated women, will judge their college educated girl for seriously dating a plumber tho, from what I've seen.

I put "class" in quotation marks cuz Issa, Lawrence, and Tasha all seem to be from the same class. If Lawrence was truly from a higher class, none of what I said above would apply...theres some uppity black folk lol

I agree!

Uncle Kendrick

I'm just bout that action
Daps
Reppin
Brick City
Awesome episode, man where to start Lawrence hive took a critical hit. Tasha is right he is a fukk boy that thinks he's a nice guy. Lawrence never really cared for her she was just a rebound to him. Tasha should have left him for good after he admitted that he slept with Issa but she gave him a second chance because that's what people do when they love somebody. In my personal opinion, when a significant other invites you to a cookout or to meet the parents that is usually a good sign that one they really like you and two that they want to take it to the next level.

What Lawrence did was unforgivable how you go to your girl's cookout and stay for 2.5 second then bounce? if he didn't want to be there he should've have been honest with his intentions. But being the "nice guy" he is decided to make up a BS excuse as to why he couldn't be at the cookout. It's kinda ironic how his relationship ended with Issa only to end up doing the same thing to Tasha.

Daps
I can't cap...

I think the writers were trying to show that Tasha and Lawrence were in different classes based on the discussions that Tasha was trying to have with Lawrence that he clearly wasn't into. Gossip and drama filled shyt.

While men aren't particularly judged by their friends for dating a woman who isn't college educated and we typically don't care about that type of thing since we're supposed to be the breadwinners, it does matter to me. A lot of the women I've dealt with who weren't college educated just haven't been on my level and since most women these days are going to college, I see no reason why I shouldn't date a woman who's gone to college.

No doubt, dudes like you def exist, but my question to you is do you see a difference between Issa, the low gal on the totem pole at We Got You with a degree and Tasha, the teller without a degree?

<<TheStandard>>

I Am A God
Daps
No doubt, dudes like you def exist, but my question to you is do you see a difference between Issa, the low gal on the totem pole at We Got You with a degree and Tasha, the teller without a degree?

Career wise and financially there's definitely no difference. Personality wise, there's a huge difference. Lawrence and Tasha just seemed unequally yoked to me. Issa seems sheltered and a total square. On the breakfast club Issa spoke about growing up going to a white school and how her parents made her go to a black high school because she was becoming too white. When I look at Issa on "Insecure", I imagine that being her backstory.....She's asking questions like "Can you teach me how to hoe?". Judging by Lawrence's comfort level with his white coworkers and how he's maneuvering through the situation with Tasha & Issa he seems a square too. Besides the fact that Lawrence realized he didn't sign up for the role Tasha placed him in at the BBQ, it was troubling for me that he felt uncomfortable around a regular & relatable black family enough to go hang out with his white co-workers. There are some of us who even if we didn't like the role we were being placed into at that BBQ would have felt much more comfortable at that BBQ than hanging out with our co-workers. This nikka didn't even go grab some ribs or chicken before he dipped. To me that speaks to the disconnect and the differences. I always saw Tasha as a hood joint who has a decent head on her shoulders.

Blankthawtz

90-9-1 Principle
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Land of fukkery
I was gonna say Lawrence fukked up with Tasha but that Latina tho :ohlawd:

Still fukked up tho, should've had both. fukk issa

#TeamLawrence

TZu2NK.gif

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Awesome episode, man where to start Lawrence hive took a critical hit. Tasha is right he is a fukk boy that thinks he's a nice guy. Lawrence never really cared for her she was just a rebound to him. Tasha should have left him for good after he admitted that he slept with Issa but she gave him a second chance because that's what people do when they love somebody. In my personal opinion, when a significant other invites you to a cookout or to meet the parents that is usually a good sign that one they really like you and two that they want to take it to the next level.

What Lawrence did was unforgivable how you go to your girl's cookout and stay for 2.5 second then bounce? if he didn't want to be there he should've have been honest with his intentions. But being the "nice guy" he is decided to make up a BS excuse as to why he couldn't be at the cookout. It's kinda ironic how his relationship ended with Issa only to end up doing the same thing to Tasha.
My nikka they was just fukkin and she invited him to a family cookout. He just told shorty he smashed Issa not even long before that. He stayed. Helped all her family out setting shyt up while barely even getting a formal introduction. "Lawrence go help my grandmother" " go help this person". Sending the nikka on errands with ya family he barely knows. Without bothering to introduce him? :dahell: they do that at? Then he tells her he has to go to a work thing. Right then n there. Tasha should've said "Ok. If I don't see u later see u tomorrow". shyt even Amanda Diva said in her interview with The Breakfast Club she would've just been happy he had a "work thing" to go to. She put unnecessary pressure on Lawrence to even come back to that shyt. She put herself in a fukked up position from jump. She was tryna holla at him knowing he had a girl he was in love with. She let him smash knowing he JUST broke up with his girl. She was too thirsty from jump.

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
My nikka they was just fukkin and she invited him to a family cookout. He just told shorty he smashed Issa not even long before that. He stayed. Helped all her family out setting shyt up while barely even getting a formal introduction. "Lawrence go help my grandmother" " go help this person". Sending the nikka on errands with ya family he barely knows. Without bothering to introduce him? :dahell: they do that at? Then he tells her he has to go to a work thing. Right then n there. Tasha should've said "Ok. If I don't see u later see u tomorrow". shyt even Amanda Diva said in her interview with The Breakfast Club she would've just been happy he had a "work thing" to go to. She put unnecessary pressure on Lawrence to even come back to that shyt. She put herself in a fukked up position from jump. She was tryna holla at him knowing he had a girl he was in love with. She let him smash knowing he JUST broke up with his girl. She was too thirsty from jump.

:ehh: no lies told.

Uncle Kendrick

I'm just bout that action
Daps
Reppin
Brick City

Bro they were more than just fukk buddies they were in a relationship. And what was so pressurized about going to Tasha's cookout? everything you referenced is what typically happens at a cookout. But instead of being there like a partner he would rather be at an optional work function. He should have let it be known that he wasn't ready to move forward with the relationship. But being the "nice guy" he misled her all the way to the end. And truth be told he look more comfortable being around his co-workers than at the cookout I wonder why? :sas2:

Last edited:

The War Report

NewNewYork
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State

Thank you. It's not that hard to fukking understand. Lawrence fukked up by not telling her that he wasn't comfortable meeting her whole goddamn fam.
Bro they were more than just fukk buddies they were in a relationship. And what was so pressurized about going to Tasha's cookout? everything you referenced is what typically happens at a cookout. But instead of being there like a partner he would rather be at an optional work function. He should have let it be known that he wasn't ready to move forward with the relationship. But being the "nice guy" he misled her all the way to the end. And truth be told he's look more comfortable being around his co-workers than at the cookout I wonder why? :sas2:
No they are not. They are just fukking at the moment. He just admitted to smashing his ex to her. If they were really in a relationship, she would of flipped.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Bro they were more than just fukk buddies they were in a relationship. And what was so pressurized about going to Tasha's cookout? everything you referenced is what typically happens at a cookout. But instead of being there like a partner he would rather be at an optional work function. He should have let it be known that he wasn't ready to move forward with the relationship. But being the "nice guy" he misled her all the way to the end. And truth be told he's look more comfortable being around his co-workers than at the cookout I wonder why? :sas2:
They were NOT in a relationship. I don't even know where u got that from. Also. Some people don't feel comfortable being around a chick whole family even if they been dating for like a month. Them muthafukkas was just fukkin. Then she barely even formally introduced him to these people while sending him out his way and volunteering him to help everybody at the BBQ. shyt looked uncomfortable and I wasn't even there. Shorty mislead herself. nikka just told her he smashed his ex a few days earlier. He was getting ready to walk away. She invited him back in the house and served him dinner. She see the nikka confused and hurting and if she wasn't selfish she would wait until he got his mind and his shyt together before tryna dive into some shyt.