Israel–Hamas War: 10/7/2023 - Present

Guess Who

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think and have thought that a ruling for ceasefire was unrealistic and might actually cause more problems. In that way, I think today was a great win for Palestine and Palestinian supporters/supporters of humanity. That said, this won’t be an immediate win for Palestine—Israel gonna keep doing what they’re doing, but in the long term, I believe this will lead to a loss for Israel. Here’s why:

The ICJ has basically said to Israel that they need to chill, knowing that they won’t. So when Israel doesn’t stop what they’ve been doing, it’ll provide concrete grounds to establish that Israel is knowingly and purposefully committing a genocide against Palestinians. Once this happens, Israel will irrefutably become a pariah state. So in essence, the ICJ is setting up Israel to dig their own grave politically speaking.

What will be interesting is how the USA responds once this unfolds. Will they continue to support Israel, probably leading to more larger scale war. Or will USA distance itself from Israel, which might lead to the end of Israel as we know it, while the USA tries to establish power in the Middle East elsewhere (perhaps through Saudi Arabia, which seems to be moving in a more secular/western direction).

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
ICJ didn’t even really say anything tho. They basically said “Could you pretty please possibly stop the possible act of genocide?” No hard stance on anything. shyt is a joke

True but even this level of criticism and condemning is new for Israel.

It's baby steps but it's still a move in the right direction

AyBrehHam Linkin

First Black Brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Wiscansin
I feel like twitter and the people in this thread put alittle too much faith in the ICJ's ability to stop this or punish anyone involved. They haven't stopped a single genocide, illegal invasion, maybe stopped afew border disputes but when you look at the track record it's pretty :francis:. Probably the least effective UN body when it comes down to it.:beli:

I see all these viral twitter posts about these court proceedings and posts in here getting hella daps and im just like...you know all that will come of this most likely is a sternly worded letter to Israel to stop, that will just be ignored right? :skip:

Either Netanyahu needs to stop being a genocidal maniac, Israel needs a regime change, or the Muslims need to put together a coalition and launch Jihad...which will most likely, if Israel loses, lead to the Samson Option(Samson Option - Wikipedia) and nukes flying all over the middle east.

This wont end well unless proper ethics and morals somehow get into these colonizers minds, US stops being cucked, or the other Muslim nations in the region put their foot down unfortunately.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
I feel like twitter and the people in this thread put alittle too much faith in the ICJ's ability to stop this or punish anyone involved. They haven't stopped a single genocide, illegal invasion, maybe stopped afew border disputes but when you look at the track record it's pretty :francis:. Probably the least effective UN body when it comes down to it.:beli:
The UN is a joke in general. It's a platform for poor nations to complain and for wealthy nations to tell them to shut up.

Either Netanyahu needs to stop being a genocidal maniac, Israel needs a regime change, or the Muslims need to put together a coalition and launch Jihad...
The scars of colonialism and the fukked up borders created by it have really did a number on that region.

which will most likely, if Israel loses, lead to the Samson Option(Samson Option - Wikipedia) and nukes flying all over the middle east.
Nukes aint really that bad.

This wont end well unless proper ethics and morals somehow get into these colonizers minds, US stops being cucked, or the other Muslim nations in the region put their foot down unfortunately.
I think a "We are the World" stye song with all of today's biggest stars could move the needle and possibly save lives.