Israel–Hamas War: 10/7/2023 - Present

Taco

All Star
Daps
The last few pages have really made me feel so depressed. I am crying right now. I actually hate this world we live in. These Palestinian people's life means nothing to the world.
Worry about your own tribe. Your friends and family should be the only people’s lives you keep up with. It’s wrong what is going on in the Middle East, but it should have no bearing on your life. Is it terrible what’s going on? Yeah, but unless you got family out there you’re wasting energy on it. Think to yourself how is following that mess making your life better? It’s one thing to stay up to date with what’s going on, but to be emotionally invested in it?

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
Nothing on that page shows how Israel would launch an attack that would penetrate a US carrier group in 2023
When you want to wipe an ethnic group off the face of the Earth, there is always a way.

You would have to do a bit of research to understand that.

Ah, that is the time you are on.

How do you want this war to end?

Savvir

Veteran
Daps
The same intelligence they had that got them into this mess in the first place? :comeon:
It will be a bloody fight with losses n both sides.

But it’s not like Israel going to take more casualties than Hamas. Lose lose situation all around. But Israel was invaded with a surprise attack with civilians intentionally targeted. So they have to respond.

Any country would do the same. shyt, Hamas uses the same reason for why they attacked. Both sides using the same logic and it ends up just being a huge cycle of back and forth.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
From the link:

Official apology issued by Israeli government; financial restitution made to victims, victim’s families, and the U.S. government;

Not only that… but the French ship is with a carrier group in 2023 not a recon ship unaccompanied in 1967

Look at what a carrier group consists of… then figure out how that incident could even be repeated.
They're not recognized fully as combat veterans or afforded the same dignities. The financial restitution means little when there should've been a much more significant response or reassessment of the relationship altogether. This wasn't a friendly fire evet. And folks' general ignorance to that entire ordeal from start to finish is also staggering in comparison to similar events and largely purposeful as well.

You wanted to know what the sentiment is based off of, that's where it comes from :hubie:

The official apology doesn't mean much either when that vessel showed its colors and made numerous pleas during the repeated strafing passes - all in an attempt to pull the US fully into a war. Cooler heads won't always prevail and some folks bank on that heavily.

You can hyper focus on things such as the exact impact of a carrier group, but at the end of the day this stuff is a constant worry or consideration. Especially when escalation with direct US involvement is objectively advantageous for them in the long run.

Savvir

Veteran
Daps
When you want to wipe an ethnic group off the face of the Earth, there is always a way.

Ah, that is the time you are on.

How do you want this war to end?
I want it to end with minimal civilian casualties and Israel making a decision to pull back after they feel they’ve crippled Hamas ability to wage effective attacks in the future. Then hopefully Netanyahu gets voted out. And a new leader comes in with a lasting peace plan that the Palestinians feel is fair. Hamas ends up being an unnecessary component and there is an internal struggle/civil war that puts an end to their hold on Palestine.

There’s really no other way forward.

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
I want it to end with minimal civilian casualties and Israel making a decision to pull back after they feel they’ve crippled Hamas ability to wage effective attacks in the future. Then hopefully Netanyahu gets voted out. And a new leader comes in with a lasting peace plan that the Palestinians feel is fair. Hamas ends up being an unnecessary component and there is an internal struggle/civil war that puts an end to their hold on Palestine.

There’s really no other way forward.
I like it, but in reality I don't see that ever happening.

Israel's forces have already shown don't care about the difference between Hamas and civilians.

Israel has traumatized at least five different generations of people now. That is a lot of people wanting a lot of blood.

Are there enough people in Israel's government that want peace in the first place?

This will be a devastating capstone to 2023.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I don't see how any arab or muslim nation would continue to due any type of business with Israel or the United States.

ALL of these nations are putting money over everything else. Israel and the US are basically telling the middle east they are worthless sand monkeys and they don't matter.

And if China and Russia had any balls, they would align 100% with Iran.

This is the first time i'm actually disgusting to be a US citizen. Especially knowing the same thing that's happening with Palestinians are happening to Israel..

The United States is a cancer. We even treat our homeless the same way Israel treats Palestinians. And call me whatever you want, but 90% of the jewish population are evil. And it's easy to see why Europe allowed Hitler to do what he did.

please take your neo nazi ernst zundel type thoughts elsewhere breh.

Arabb and muslim nations aren't any better. Libya literally has african slaves. Saudi and Iran both kill their own citizens .

To call 90% of the jewish population evil? :picard:
There are more jews in the usa than in israel,

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Worry about your own tribe. Your friends and family should be the only people’s lives you keep up with. It’s wrong what is going on in the Middle East, but it should have no bearing on your life. Is it terrible what’s going on? Yeah, but unless you got family out there you’re wasting energy on it. Think to yourself how is following that mess making your life better? It’s one thing to stay up to date with what’s going on, but to be emotionally invested in it?

People worry more about palestinians than their fellow black men. Brehs not crying over what M23 are doing to africans, or africans being slaves in libya

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I like it, but in reality I don't see that ever happening.

Israel's forces have already shown don't care about the difference between Hamas and civilians

Israel has traumatized at least five different generations of people now. That is a lot of people wanting a lot of blood.

Are there enough people in Israel's government that want peace in the first place?

This will be a devastating capstone to 2023.

And neither did Americam forces when they were bombing iraq and afghanistan. Y'all sat watching your 6 o clock news eating your turkey and mashed potatoes not giving a damn as innocent folks were killed when american fighter jets were dropping bombs on em. There is a reason why every city in the good ol usa is filled with homeless vets, war isn't nice.

War ain't meeting in an empty field and duking it out. Do I agree with what israel is doing? nah but these are the consequences of war. And Israel is showing all these arab nations as well if any want to step up this is what awaits

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
And neither did Americam forces when they were bombing iraq and afghanistan. Y'all sat watching your 6 o clock news eating your turkey and mashed potatoes not giving a damn as innocent folks were killed when american fighter jets were dropping bombs on em. There is a reason why every city in the good ol usa is filled with homeless vets, war isn't nice.

War ain't meeting in an empty field and duking it out. Do I agree with what israel is doing? nah but these are the consequences of war. And Israel is showing all these arab nations as well if any want to step up this is what awaits
Are you saying I only care one way because I'm American?

Because number one, I have an Arabic name since my parents converted to Islam decades ago during NOI's run.

So I was around folks from different Arabic countries and there was no kicking our feet watching CNN with apathetic glee.

I met too many soldiers from Iraq that told me they felt misled for why they were there in the first place.

I don't like what America does to other countries in anyway shape or form so your assumption isn't accurate.

As for your second part, you can keep the condescension.

Aren't you Canadian? Should I point out what Canada does to the native people up there or are you done throwing rocks?

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Are you saying I only care one way because I'm American?

Because number one, I have an Arabic name since my parents converted to Islam decades ago during NOI's run.

So I was around folks from different Arabic countries and there was no kicking our feet watching CNN with apathetic glee.

I met too many soldiers from Iraq that told me they felt misled for why they were there in the first place.

I don't like what America does to other countries in anyway shape or form so your assumption isn't accurate.

As for your second part, you can keep the condescension.

Aren't you Canadian? Should I point out what Canada does to the native people up there or are you done throwing rocks?

Nah what i'm saying is america has done the exact same as Israel and if another war started tomorrow they would do the exact same. They would drop massive bombs, shell targets and there would be massive loss of lives. That's war. Just because now victims can film on the phone or take photos on their phone and upload the harsh realties of war hits those sitting in their comfy room like damn war isn't nice :damn:.

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
Nah what i'm saying is america has done the exact same as Israel and if another war started tomorrow they would do the exact same. They would drop massive bombs, shell targets and there would be massive loss of lives. That's war. Just because now victims can film on the phone or take photos on their phone and upload the harsh realties of war hits those sitting in their comfy room like damn war isn't nice :damn:.
I think I get you now.

Americans being shocked now, forgetting that America does this and funds this on the daily in other places of the world.

No one (here) says much as they do for this event. I can agree on that. America funds genocides all the time with little blowback.

I don't believe there is ever a good reason to go to war in the modern era except for your country's sovereignty.

Anything else is Ego or Money.