Last edited:

bnew

Veteran
Daps

X removes hundreds of Hamas-affiliated accounts since attack, CEO says​

Reuters

October 12, 20233:29 AM EDTUpdated 4 hours ago

Illustration shows Twitter's new logo

The logo of social media platform X, formerly Twitter, is seen alongside the former logo in this illustration taken, July 24, 2023. REUTERS/Dado Ruvic/Illustration/File Photo Acquire Licensing Rights

Oct 12 (Reuters) - The X social media platform has removed hundreds of Hamas-affiliated accounts and taken action to remove or label tens of thousands of pieces of content since the militant group's attack on Israel, its chief executive Linda officer Yaccarino said on Thursday.

The move came in response to EU industry chief Thierry Breton's 24 hour-ultimatum to Elon Musk to tackle the spread of disinformation on X - formerly known as Twitter - since the Hamas assault to comply with new EU online content rules.

Breton said he had indications that X was being used to disseminate illegal content and disinformation in the European Union.

The recently implemented Digital Services Act (DSA) requires large online platforms, including X and Meta's (META.O) Facebook, to remove illegal content and to take measures to tackle the risks to public security and civic discourse.

X has redistributed resources and refocused internal teams to address the rapidly evolving situation, Yaccarino said, without specifying the changes. She added that the Musk-owned company assembled a leadership group to assess the situation shortly after the attack.

"We wish to reiterate that we welcome further engagement with you and your team, including a meeting, to address any specific questions and look forward to receiving further specifics to which we can respond" Yaccarino said in the letter to Breton, posted on X.

X has responded to more than 80 take-down requests received in the EU within required the timeline and has not received any notices from Europol regarding illegal content on the platform, the letter states.

Breton issued a similar warning to Meta (META.O) on Wednesday, giving the company 24 hours to inform him of measures taken to counter the spread of disinformation on its platforms following the attack on Israel.

EndGame

Superstar
Daps
The truth of the matter is that I really don't care about Palestine .

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Lol, it's so bad, Hamas had to release two kids and their mother and say, we don't kill children. I am like damn, the media is a beast.

Being Black, I know how the media is and how it's the worst but damn.

Consider the fact that they also control all media..

EndGame

Superstar
Daps
I dont understand why they just couldn't have split it right down the middle :mindblown: Give the Jews the north, give the Palestinians the south. Put military bases EVERYWHERE to keep both sides honest. If the US was able to force Korea to split in two in the 50s, I don't understand what the problem was. Yea, both sides would have been pissed that they lost land they thought was theirs but, fukk them they would've fallen in line. And all this money we handing to Israel should have been split equally between the two :mindblown:

israel-political-map.jpg
They should have killed the first Israeli settlers. Sentinelese showed the world how colonialism should be treated. It was on sight.

Steelo14

Pro
Daps
How much is Kamala disliked that they keep running Joe out there like Weekend at Bernie's. LOL
Have you ever watched that HBO show VEEP? When you read articles about her (even from Left-leaning journals) it feels like that show was a diary.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
I dont understand why they just couldn't have split it right down the middle :mindblown: Give the Jews the north, give the Palestinians the south. Put military bases EVERYWHERE to keep both sides honest. If the US was able to force Korea to split in two in the 50s, I don't understand what the problem was. Yea, both sides would have been pissed that they lost land they thought was theirs but, fukk them they would've fallen in line. And all this money we handing to Israel should have been split equally between the two :mindblown:

israel-political-map.jpg

should the black south africans split their country with the white south africans europeans?

tpYrM6T.png

Last edited: