Is Will Smith's "After Earth" Scientology propaganda?

Ayo

SOHH 2001
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in MIA
Put on your tin foil hats before reading this one...

What does After Earth have to do with Scientology?

In my opinion, everything.

The promotional material and trailers make it very clear that "survival" is not only a theme in the movie, but also a marketing buzzword. In the book Dianetics, as well as innumerable other works of Scientology literature, LRH emphasizes repeatedly and strongly that "survive" is the highest command of existence and that everything in life is subservient to this command.

In fact, the core of Scientology, the Eight Dynamics, revolve around the concept of survival, as seen in this information and video from the official Scientology website: http://www.scientology.org/what-is-scientology/basic-principles-of-scientology/eight-dynamics.html

The material/trailers also emphasize a few other concepts, such as:
  • Abandoned Earth. In the now-infamous Xenu mythos, Earth is obliterated by atomic weapons detonated in active volcanoes, and billions upon billions of people die. The planet is abandoned, but eventually repopulated after the fall of Xenu's Galactic Confederacy at the hands of the Loyal Officers. In After Earth, Earth has been abandoned for a thousand years, and Cypher Raige and his son Kitai (that's Will Smith and his son Jaden) are the first humans to return since it was abandoned. Note that it does not specify when Earth was abandoned, and I have a feeling that might be a plot twist in the movie.
  • Emotion control. In the trailer, Cypher says "Fear is not real. It is a product of thoughts you create. Do not misunderstand me. Danger is very real. But fear is a choice. " This is directly in line with the Dianetics belief that negative emotions are from traumatic experiences in our genetic memory, encoded on our cells in the form of "engrams". Exploring and clearing these engrams form the core of Dianetics therapy, called "auditing". In the process of auditing, you learn to control your emotions and take "cause over life", or direct influence over your problems. The infamous E-meter device measures your "tone", which is a numerical value on this scale: http://www.scientologyhandbook.org/FULL.HTM
  • Parental influence. LRH very strongly believed that one can exist in another's internal universe, or "valence", and that one of the most commonly experienced valences is that of the father or mother. The trailer makes it abundantly clear that one of Kitai's challenges will be to gain his father's respect, or overcome his father's influence or something related to that, which is directly parallel to the concept of "existing in another;s valence", which is cited by LRH as a common source of unhappiness.
  • Space planes. The shape of Cypher's and Kitai's ship, which is remarkably similar to an airplane, is no coincidence. LRH taught that, in the distant past, interstellar travel was accomplished in ships that looked exactly like DC-8 planes.
  • An elite spacefaring superhuman paramilitary organization. This is the Ranger Corps in the movie, the Loyal Officers in the Xenu mythos, and the Sea Organization (or "Sea Org") in real life.

Stuff I found in the trailer: http://i.imgur.com/G9CQymF.png (Will Smith is wearing the uniform of the Ranger Corps, which bears more than a passing resemblance to... http://i.imgur.com/TDTUJGW.jpg (...the official Sea Org uniform.)

http://i.imgur.com/DBuFo9K.png (Might be a minor detail, but why exactly would a spacecraft need a tail rudder, unless it's also used for aviation purposes? Remember that LRH frequently said DC-8's were used to transport Xenu's prisoners to Earth in his nuclear holocaust. South Park elaborated on this)

But to me, the killing blow is that, from what I understand, Kitai's goal in the movie is to reach this landmark on the surface of the Earth to get his ship's beacon:
http://i.imgur.com/Z5LPAGz.png

Do you know what's so damning about this?
http://i.imgur.com/3kdCwSJ.jpg http://i.imgur.com/1Waq3K6.jpg
The volcano featured in the background throughout scenes on Earth; It's literally the symbol for Dianetics and has been for almost fifty years.

But why would he do this? Why make a "Scientology movie"?
Because LRH himself tried and failed.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revolt_in_the_Stars
And because Scientologists literally believe that science fiction stories, what they call "space opera", are repressed memories of events that occurred millions of years ago.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_opera_in_Scientology

I'm not entirely certain of the Smith family's intentions, but I'm fairly confident that After Earth is a major motion picture made to exalt Scientology, its mythology, and its creator. Instead of Scientology's recent tactics of negatively attacking others, they are trying to positively bolster themselves.

But I won't become a Scientologist because of a movie.
Maybe not consciously, no. LRH was a greedy man, but he was not a stupid man. He understood that works of art can imprint concepts and sensibilities onto others, even if it's only in a subtle, indirect manner. That is why he attempted to make Revolt in the Stars into a movie, but ultimately failed. The next attempt was Battlefield Earth, and we all know how that went. But with someone as high-voltage as Will Smith, and with much larger financial resources, his dream of a big-budget Scientology movie might finally come true.

I know, right? I'll view the movie and update this accordingly if I find more interesting information. If anyone has any questions about Scientology or wants to discuss what this movie is trying to do after it's released, I'd welcome that. In my opinion, Basically, Scientology isn't some little church, it's the most powerful example in the modern world of a malicious, evil cult.

Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/1f8gef/after_earth_is_in_my_opinion_a_movie_strongly/

Will Smith is a suspected Scientologists. He just built a big ass school for Scientology. One that uses Study Tech like referenced up there in that quote from Reddit. Look at the "Too steep a gradient" as it's defined by Scientology and tell me that this interview him and Jaden gave isn't making more sense now http://gawker.com/will-and-jaden-smith-give-fukking-insane-interview-abou-510087159

I don't know what to think on this one. I guess I'll have to wait until the movie is bootlegged. Because there's no way I'm paying to see this garbage. It's basically Will Smith throwing his son a bone and giving him a vehicle to star in.

:demonic:

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Can't believe I wasted my time reading that shyt. His most damning evidence is a volcano in the background?:snoop:

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Seeing it tonight. Not sure if I'll be looking for all this though. Unless, it's not good (which my expectations are low that it will be good).

VladTheImpaler

The Sensational Prince
Daps
Reppin
The Palace of Eternal Sun
Put on your tin foil hats before reading this one...

Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/1f8gef/after_earth_is_in_my_opinion_a_movie_strongly/

Will Smith is a suspected Scientologists. He just built a big ass school for Scientology. One that uses Study Tech like referenced up there in that quote from Reddit. Look at the "Too steep a gradient" as it's defined by Scientology and tell me that this interview him and Jaden gave isn't making more sense now http://gawker.com/will-and-jaden-smith-give-fukking-insane-interview-abou-510087159

I don't know what to think on this one. I guess I'll have to wait until the movie is bootlegged. Because there's no way I'm paying to see this garbage. It's basically Will Smith throwing his son a bone and giving him a vehicle to star in.

:demonic:

:umad:

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I don't even know all that about Scientology, and I figured that's what this movie is. Has that weird vibe to it. No thanks.

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Will Smitn and his som are wearing Star Trek jumpsuits, u can already sense that retarded Scientology theme popping up

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Scientology was founded by a sci-fi writer, so it would obviously make sense that it's core principles would make for a good sci-fi movie, look at it like this, it can't be any worse than Battlefield Earth.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
There is a companion book that expands the backstory of this movie. io9 has a post about it. Here is the timeline:

1908 - An alien ship crash lands in Russia. All collective world governments then keep this discovery a secret basically forever. (But they let smarties like Nikola Tesla and Albert Einstein play with the remains).

2012 - NASA announces that they've invented WARP ENGINES. By secretly tapping into the alien spaceships knowledge of the universe's "dark energy." Tah Dah!

2071 - 2072 - Earth is all GTFO, humans. No one can live here any more, because it's poison for us, so 750,000 survivors leave on ARKS (one is named the Asimov). The Arks were created thanks to additional information pulled (over the years) from the downed spacecraft.

32 AFTER EARTH - The Rangers (who are basically the super militarized government now) invent a religion while on board the Arks. Because you gotta have faith. It's called Primus, after the band. This backfires horribly.

67 AE - Primus makes its own religious army, because of course they do. And they also decide to rewrite their rules, to make the head of Primus (also called Primus) the ruler indefinitely, until death. A few of the remaining Arks (some die out) start adopting the office of Primus.

100 AE - Only three out of the six Arks survive. But the rest of the folks land on their new planet Nova Prime.

222 AE - A Primus leader starts speaking out against science and industrialization on their new planet, because that's what got them all in this mess in the first place. Of Course They Do. After "much debate" the role of Savant is created to oversee the science side of the human race on Nova Prime.

243 AE - The Skrel attack Nova Prime for reasons unknown. Nova Prime was allegedly uninhabited when they landed, so this is a big WTF. The Rangers manage to protect the civillians. The Primus zealots have a field day. Note these are NOT the same aliens that crash landed on Earth.

350 AE - The Skrel return with a new look (see picture). No one has actually seen a real Skrel body yet — just the ships and Skrel drones.

576 AE - The Skrel return again, but this time to drop off the Ursa, a genetically engineered creature who's designed to kill humans. How the people of Nova Prime know that, since they have never met or spoke to a Skrel and this is the only other alien they've met, remains to be seen. Anyway, this Ursa creature evolves into an a better killing machine with each new generation. Think Resident Evil monsters, only not as fast. Ursa can only see humans based on our secretions caused by fear. Because that's how the Skrel made them — without eyes. But they can smell our fear.

651 AE - More Ursa are dumped on Nova Prime. Once an Ursa "imprints" on a human, it will hunt them until its prey has been killed. Which is basically the same thing that happens in Twilight. They have secret a black venom that paralyses victims.

26, 876, 951, 997 AE - Even MORE Ursa are unleashed, now mutated into super-fast killing machines. The Rangers struggle to save what remains of humanity. The Rangers' best defense is "ghosting," in which a Ranger becomes fearless, and thus can fight the Ursa without being smelled. 980 AE Is the first "official" Ghosting.

1000 AE - Will Smith and his son are traveling somewhere with a Ursa who's been captured, in a big pod (pictured above). They crash land on Earth and NOW we are where the trailer starts.

There are pictures and stuff at the source: http://io9.com/the-alien-backstory-you-didnt-see-in-the-after-earth-t-509618063

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
that patterns interview is hilarious. these brehs are on some super-scientologist-barbershop bullshyt :russ:

You and Jaden have acted in two movies together, including After Earth. Are you planning on a third?
Will: If you were a student of the pattern, you’d have to say we’re going to do another one.
Jaden: I definitely would do another one, absolutely. You know, how Johnny Depp and Tim Burton always do movies together, Martin Scorsese and Leonardo DiCaprio? We’ll have a relationship like that.

Do you think of that as a separate relationship from your father-son relationship?
Jaden: It’s kind of like father and son, except that we’re both going to work together. [Points to his dad.] Like you worked in your family business with your dad. I’m just working in my family business with my dad. Patterns, boom.

:dead: they think they're saying profound shyt here

i'll see the movie. i also read the bible for cool stories. you can know something is patently false and still enjoy the narrative, right? or was i born with a tinfoil hat between my brain and skull?

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Overractions in here.... there are people in this world that are talented writers... and they can write anything that sound legit. fukk all this bullshyt..... until I see an interview or at least have a personal conversation with Will and Jaden and they tell me directly "this is about scientology' I'm not falling for or trynna hear this shyt. Gotdamn brehs is only a movie!!!

Hell I'm sure some crazy writer can write and article and reach to pull some stuff together to say that The Avengers, FF series, and the Dark Knight series are about devil worshipping too :shaq2:

Ayo

SOHH 2001
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in MIA
Overractions in here.... there are people in this world that are talented writers... and they can write anything that sound legit. fukk all this bullshyt..... until I see an interview or at least have a personal conversation with Will and Jaden and they tell me directly "this is about scientology' I'm not falling for or trynna hear this shyt. Gotdamn brehs is only a movie!!!

Hell I'm sure some crazy writer can write and article and reach to pull some stuff together to say that The Avengers, FF series, and the Dark Knight series are about devil worshipping too :shaq2:

If you told me that Josh Whedon, Christopher Nolan, Christian Bale were all devil worshipers I might believe it.

Will Smith made this movie happen. He found the director, and approached the writer with the idea. Will Smith denies being a Scientologist (but we all know the truth) so why would he ever admit that his movie idea was influenced by it.