Is Wayne's run over?

swerve

All Star
Daps
He sort of has fallen off his last hot song was Mirror. Even if he has he had one hell of a run though. From after 50 Cent/Em fell off (2003 ish) to around the time he dropped No Ceilings (2009), no one commanded attention like him. No other rapper has done that for such a long period of time.

For a while there, a single couldn't even be hot if it didn't have Wayne on it.

I think probably at one point, Wayne stopped doing drugs, or started doing too many...

Here I thought 50 selling 1.4million first week in 05 was the bigger artist :leon:

FrederickDouglas

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It goes 50, Kanye, THEN Lil Wayne.

But stick a fork in the **, he's done. Let's see what Drake, J Cole, and Kendrick Lamar can do with this rap ****.

Hyman Roth

Pro
Supporter
Daps
I can't remember the last wayne verse that made me go :lawd:

And unless you include those highly suspect Carter IV sales figures, his run is definitely coming to and end.

Also Drake took his spot as the go to guy for guest verses and hooks now.

Lavish

Its Lavish, hoe
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Tdot.. till the death of me
Wayne did not fall off... he's just not a hot topic anymore

I mean boy been in the game since he was 15...he's now what 29? he's been a hot topic for 14 years....but really took off after carter 1

naturally, people will get used to him. he's changed up himself a few times which helped keep him in peoples mouths..but with his label and his artists, looks like he just level'd off

I personally dont check for his music anymore, but he still doin numbers

Daps
Reppin
NULL
He sort of has fallen off his last hot song was Mirror. Even if he has he had one hell of a run though. From after 50 Cent/Em fell off (2003 ish) to around the time he dropped No Ceilings (2009), no one commanded attention like him. No other rapper has done that for such a long period of time.

For a while there, a single couldn't even be hot if it didn't have Wayne on it.

I think probably at one point, Wayne stopped doing drugs, or started doing too many...

Ummm...2003 was the year GRODT came out, and the G-Unit Superwave lasted until like 2007. Eminem still sells more than Wayne to this day too.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
On topic, Wayne's run isn't over. If anything, I still see at least another three years before people say "enough is enough." Let's not forget that Cash Money knows how to keep themselves relevant as a whole, and Wayne is part of that group. They've been around for 20 years, and distributed by a major since 1998.

labelplant

Wilt Chamberlain
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I think his next album will still sell well but considerably less than previous efforts. That new single with Big Sean isn't doing shyt either as far as I can tell.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
as a huge fan of lil wayne, no ceilings was the last project he had a spark on. once he came out of prison his shyt is just uninspired...a few tracks off sorry 4 the wait but not really...on 6 foot 7 there's a little bit...besides that nah...we'll never get "i'm so motherfukkin high i could eat a star" wayne back let alone "get involved and I got' em' playing dodge ball with bullets" wayne.

of course there will be people that said wayne never had any sort of skill or appeal....and fanboys that will defend him to the death. I have no idea why wayne is so polarizing it's not like he's that different than other punchline rappers he just has a more fluid and evolving flow than most and more subtext to his punches. Usually they're not just face value punchlines. Don't want to make a huge post defending lil wayne though..not here...not now

all that claimin he was the best alive controversy