Is Wayne's run over?

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
Is he even considered hot anymore (not including teenyboppers). Has a rapper ever fell off this hard? After killing everybody's beat between the 2002 to 2007 era u couldn't tell to many this wasn't the best rapper alive. Now its like he's just there. Sometimes i think he just doesn't have anything to wrap about. Other times i believe the hype about Gillie writing his rhymes. Cause listening to the First Carter then listening to his new music it's to big of a difference in lyrics subject matter delivery flow everything. This cat was going around calling himself the best rapper alive and i don't recall anyone challenging him (may be wrong). And at that time he just might have been. I remember hearing Bring it Back the first time on the radio, and i knew then that kid was gonna be a problem for the next ten years. Shows what i know. When's the last time he done even ripped a track that made u say damn, Wayne can still bring it when he want. Last one i can remember is Demoliton 1 and 2 but ion even know how long since they dropped.

Baracka Flocka Flame

Coast to Coast
Daps
Reppin
LA & NJ
It happens to everyone b.

Right now Rozay took over as the Figure Head for Current Hot Hip Hop.

Wayne is too preoccupied with being the Black Tony Hawk or Rob Dyrdek :manny:

Avion

The Man in the Mask
Daps
Reppin
The Carolinas
I been saying he fell off since Carter II, but out of nowhere he would drop a verse or a mixtape that showed he was still respectable on the mic

But now it seems like he's done for real. I don't even think he gives a fukk about rapping anymore

fundz

Pro
Daps
How is this even a question? Look at the albums sales for CIV. Regardless of whether you like his shyt or not he is still star status. Make this thread when he is flopping. Stop dramatizing everything

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
Other than the Carter series and his earlier work Rebirth and I Am not a human being only went gold. I'm pretty sure he will always get his numbers cause u got 15 year old white girls who will always buy what they think is hot. But i don't care about all that i just want to hear the Wayne that i know is in there somewhere. Hell, give me a No Ceilings (which was far from his best mixtape) quality mixtape and i'll be happy. I'm more curious if anything can he even spit like he did on a song like Swag Surfin.

10:31

Superstar
Daps
Other than the Carter series and his earlier work Rebirth and I Am not a human being only went gold. I'm pretty sure he will always get his numbers cause u got 15 year old white girls who will always buy what they think is hot. But i don't care about all that i just want to hear the Wayne that i know is in there somewhere. Hell, give me a No Ceilings (which was far from his best mixtape) quality mixtape and i'll be happy. I'm more curious if anything can he even spit like he did on a song like Swag Surfin.

:what: nikka you sound sad... you should tweet him

Mask and Da Glock

Posting From Rehab
Daps
as a huge fan of lil wayne, no ceilings was the last project he had a spark on. once he came out of prison his shyt is just uninspired...a few tracks off sorry 4 the wait but not really...on 6 foot 7 there's a little bit...besides that nah...we'll never get "i'm so motherfukkin high i could eat a star" wayne back let alone "get involved and I got' em' playing dodge ball with bullets" wayne.

of course there will be people that said wayne never had any sort of skill or appeal....and fanboys that will defend him to the death. I have no idea why wayne is so polarizing it's not like he's that different than other punchline rappers he just has a more fluid and evolving flow than most and more subtext to his punches. Usually they're not just face value punchlines. Don't want to make a huge post defending lil wayne though..not here...not now

avon barksdale

i want my corners
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Prison
yeah he is not...

545474_348896345188427_1981011734_n.jpg

Mask and Da Glock

Posting From Rehab
Daps
Wait...there's an original version of the carter II with mannie fresh beats? Can khrys_x weigh in on this? I'm getting this from on of your posts from '06 on sohh.