Is Troy Baker being cancelled?

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
supporting NFT's seems like a pretty trivial reason to 'cancel' someone

Wrong. This bullshyt is completely worthless as a "product" and is a new way for humans to fukk up the planet even further.
On a serious note…can someone explain to me why gamers of all people are this angry about NFTs? What’s the part I’m missing because I feel like a market that dumps billions on cosmetic items for their fictional character would be the first to celebrate the potential for ownership NFTs allow.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
None of these people promoting NFTs can seem to demonstrate any real value to them. Until that happens if I was a celebrity or company I would avoid them.
the value is leasing/ownership, yes ? Isnt that the point of NFTS ? A way for artists to get paid ?

Although currently it seems like BS and hype and most come off as scammy, the actual idea of it NFT makes sense to me

I hate twitter. Not everyone needs an opinion on something :manny:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
The cast of Power Rangers might of collectively swindled some people, but which chick are you referring to?

Karan Ashley. Raised over $100,000 from fans to film a movie, yet didn’t follow through on it or said what happened.

Look up The Order involving her and you'll see what I mean. There were other former power rangers members in the cast, but she was the ringleader behind the project and the one who started the crowfunding project in the first place. Never released the project and instead released a couple of comic books for it as a way to try and make good on her promise :mjlol:

What she did was way worse than what Samuel Benta did, but he's been blackballed from cons while she still can show up with no problem.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Y’all really be looking up who be doing the voices for these games :russ:

I could care less

Shut the fukk up, record the lines , and go home

I mean when you hear the same damn voice in every game, especially one of the most popular games out (the last of us) it kind of becomes hard to avoid. I know him, Nolan North, Ashley Burch, and Laura bailey just because they are literally in every game, from AAA to indie.

On a serious note…can someone explain to me why gamers of all people are this angry about NFTs? What’s the part I’m missing because I feel like a market that dumps billions on cosmetic items for their fictional character would be the first to celebrate the potential for ownership NFTs allow.

I think its just the new way for gaming companies to leech money from us. There is no one or any company that can explain how it makes games better and/or more enjoyable to play. It’s essentially just them trying to sell more shyt to us at the cost of doing harmful shyt to the environment.

You think Ubisoft, Sega, EA, and anyone else is doing NFT for the benefit of the gamer? It’s kinda obvious its a scammy thing that the scammiest of companies are jumping head first into.

It’s the 2022 horse armor

Daps
Reppin
Lwo Lakeset
I mean when you hear the same damn voice in every game, especially one of the most popular games out (the last of us) it kind of becomes hard to avoid. I know him, Nolan North, Ashley Burch, and Laura bailey just because they are literally in every game, from AAA to indie.

I think its just the new way for gaming companies to leech money from us. There is no one or any company that can explain how it makes games better and/or more enjoyable to play. It’s essentially just them trying to sell more shyt to us at the cost of doing harmful shyt to the environment.

You think Ubisoft, Sega, EA, and anyone else is doing NFT for the benefit of the gamer? It’s kinda obvious its a scammy thing that the scammiest of companies are jumping head first into.

It’s the 2022 horse armor

I've played various games he's voiced and had no clue who he was until a few weeks ago when I listened to him on that alahna pierce podcast.

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
Y’all really be looking up who be doing the voices for these games :russ:

I could care less

Shut the fukk up, record the lines , and go home
A lot of them folks became quasi-celebrities around the early 2010s. I wasn't actively looking them up lol but they were doing interviews, behind the scene videos and even promoting the games. Baker is actually pretty damn good/versatile, his Joker in Arkham Origins is up there with Hamill's. I can't really speak on this NFT shyt though since I don't understand it.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
the value is leasing/ownership, yes ? Isnt that the point of NFTS ? A way for artists to get paid ?

Although currently it seems like BS and hype and most come off as scammy, the actual idea of it NFT makes sense to me

I hate twitter. Not everyone needs an opinion on something :manny:
The idea of bittorrent makes sense. 90% of people just use it for piracy. The idea of something and the prominent use case for it can end up being very different.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
The idea of bittorrent makes sense. 90% of people just use it for piracy. The idea of something and the prominent use case for it can end up being very different.

BitTorrent only makes sense for piracy. Once seeding stops that file is gone, it’s not a repository like MEGA.

what use does BitTorrent have?