Is This Condescending: Breh Praised for Dressing for a Job Interview

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
:yeshrug: I had to post this just to see if I'm missing something here. Nikka got on slacks and collar shirt to do a job interview what exa

the elastic

livin' outside of the matrix
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the bay/norcal
It's an attempt to influence others to do the same. Comes off as condescending, but they are just trying to boost a positive image.

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
Imma ASSUME breh is in high school or recently graduated seeing how the interview was for SkyZone but either way, thats just common protocol. I put on some church clothes for my interview at 17 with the movies and never thought twice about it until now. They asked where I wanted to work and I said working the projectors and guess what they hired me for? :sas1:

Only 6 of us total and everyone else was downstairs on the tills, making food/swearing they'll never eat popcorn again, cleaning the theatres and bathrooms... :datazz: This won't mean shyt to him, especially if he gets the job :umad:

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
The standards for business casual have drastically lowered over time.

Yep :francis:

I remember trying to get a gig a while back dressed to the par (slacks, dressed shirt, and shoes). Everybody and their moms looked at me like I was the fukking president, while this weird (probably gay) dude was mesmerized. Dude was like "you like the first person to go to the job interview without flip flops, shorts, and a t shirt :dwillhuh: ".

Like WTF ARE THESE HUMANS ON?!? Lack of morals, I swear.

And also the youngin should have just went to the damn job interview without seeking validation from strangers by dressing to the par. The best advertisement is acknowledgement of those surrounding you and not from a distance.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
The fact that anybody gets praise for putting on church clothes to get a job as if it hasn't been the standard since the industrial revolution.
We just had a thread on teachers dressing like students and they all looked like bums. I'm surprised the youngsters know what business casual is.