Is there ANYTHING wrong with Cuphead?

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
:whoa:Cuphead is NOT "on par" with $60 games. You would have to be a rabid stan to make that argument.
To clarify what I meant with "light on content", maybe I could have said, the game has less depth than some of the more notable games in it's class. (I could argue that a game can be 40 hours long and light on content. Zelda BOTW comes to mind immediately, but maybe a better word instead of content would be substance.)

*Cuphead is cool. For what it set out to do, it did very well, but like everything else, the game is not above criticism.
I've been enjoying it, but for my tastes, (as you know) I look for more than just combat. I like games with a little more depth outside of the combat (or its equivalent) portions.
You know us Sony gamers only care about cinematic experiences. :skip:(<--This is a joke, but also a fact:yeshrug:)

For me though, some actual levels similar to mega man, with different enemies, a bit of exploration and alternate routes, secret weapons/powerups (armor, movement abilities, health/damage multipliers), bosses that have alternate ways to beat them, would have pushed this game to an epic level poised to topple the greats that came before it.

The question "is there anything wrong with cuphead"?
No, not necessarily, but is there anything it could have done better?
Absolutely, and the above are my suggestions.
I have to be honest, it's very possible a bit of my disappoint in what I find missing from the game is due to me not being aware that the game was advertised as a "boss rush" type of game. I'm not saying that's the only reason, but I do recognize it.

Fun game overall. Not perfect, but I whole heartedly recommend it.
*Forgive the wall of text.
Mane stfu:mjlol:

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:whoa:Cuphead is NOT "on par" with $60 games. You would have to be a rabid stan to make that argument.
To clarify what I meant with "light on content", maybe I could have said, the game has less depth than some of the more notable games in it's class. (I could argue that a game can be 40 hours long and light on content. Zelda BOTW comes to mind immediately, but maybe a better word instead of content would be substance.)

*Cuphead is cool. For what it set out to do, it did very well, but like everything else, the game is not above criticism.
I've been enjoying it, but for my tastes, (as you know) I look for more than just combat. I like games with a little more depth outside of the combat (or its equivalent) portions.
You know us Sony gamers only care about cinematic experiences. :skip:(<--This is a joke, but also a fact:yeshrug:)

For me though, some actual levels similar to mega man, with different enemies, a bit of exploration and alternate routes, secret weapons/powerups (armor, movement abilities, health/damage multipliers), bosses that have alternate ways to beat them, would have pushed this game to an epic level poised to topple the greats that came before it.

I have to be honest, it's very possible a bit of my disappoint in what I find missing from the game is due to me not being aware that the game was advertised as a "boss rush" type of game. I'm not saying that's the only reason, but I do recognize it.

Nah. We got plenty of Metroidvania's.

This game reminds me of Furi. It's gameplay, tight combat mechanics, and ungodly presentation.

N*E*R*D

In Search Of...
Daps
I have to restart it a lot on steam because of some framerate issues. Sometimes that shyt won't go above 24 fps and once I restart I get a steady 140 fps. Must be an issue with high refresh monitors or something.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
For the record, I haven't had any lag during gameplay. First game froze after I beat the first level (the devils contract screen wouldn't go down) and the same thing happened after a later level except it unfroze or whatever after about 30sec. I was seconds away from resetting...

Can't forgive when you talking bullshyt. Game just came out, you talking like you beat it already, did you? No, so then did you unlock all the secret modes yet? You unlock expert mode?

As I've told you over and over, you claim to play everything which means you have limited opinions at best on anything. You don't spend enough time on most titles to "get it" So it has to be this experience that transcends before you allow yourself to slow down for a second.

To unlock one of the modes, you need a B score or higher on every level. Since you a scrub I'm sure you a C- Cuphead student. Nothings wrong with Cuphead, it's you bruh :wow:

Last edited:

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
I don’t want to play with you either :mjlol:
But we check receipts around here and you sound like you’re dodging Jeff.:mjgrin:
Let’s see that piss poor game activity.
I don't brag about fukking game activity on here :dead: I don't give a fukk bou that shyt

I don't even buy most of the big titles cause I don't give a fukk enough about a game to pay $60 :mjlol:

I clown all y'all fukking stans and video game snobs

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I don't brag about fukking game activity on here :dead: I don't give a fukk bou that shyt

I don't even buy most of the big titles cause I don't give a fukk enough about a game to pay $60 :mjlol:

I clown all y'all fukking stans and video game snobs
:wow:Breh you cooler than the other side of the pillow ain’t you?