Is there ANYTHING wrong with Cuphead?

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
After putting a few hours in, carrying the team while my girl steals HP from me to get back in the battle :leostare: the only issue I've come across is the game freezing. Happened after I beat the first level, then again hours later when finishing another level except it unfroze after about 20 seconds (music never stopped playing)

But besides that minor inconvenience, the game is epically perfect in everyway so far. It was compared to the original ninja gaiden series by meach. Does have that feel a little bit because you can jump between platforms to avoid enemy fire. I'd compare it to Contra. You can hold rb/r1 to hold yourself still while shooting in all directions. But, at the end of the day it does an awesome job carving its own niche, its own play style that makes it standout on its own.

It's on a super Mario level of polish. I haven't been this impressed with a game since Inside :hula: Gears of war ultimate 60fps :hula: Uncharted 2. It's one of "those" types of game imo.

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
yea i thought that freezing thing after u beat the boss when it says "knockout" was just a game mechanic...but for i would have to say it aint no cheesing in boss battles...its 2 different boss battles thats kickin my ass the candy land bytch with the house...and the genie/pharoah/pinnochio boss battles smh

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Nothing necessarily wrong with the game.
What they did, they did very well.
In comparison to other games that it piggy backed on its very light in content.
For $20 it isn’t fair to be overly critical of it though.

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
Run Thru U Like Skattebo
i noticed some freezing at the start up menu with the audio continuing. granted my pc is a mess right now so i cant judge the game on that. other than that small issue it is running flawlessly. i havent tried co-op so i cant comment on that yet

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Nothing necessarily wrong with the game.
What they did, they did very well.
In comparison to other games that it piggy backed on its very light in content.
For $20 it isn’t fair to be overly critical of it though.
How can you call it light in content?

People say it takes about 7-9 hours to beat. That's on par with a lot of $60 games.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
How can you call it light in content?

People say it takes about 7-9 hours to beat. That's on par with a lot of $60 games.
:whoa:Cuphead is NOT "on par" with $60 games. You would have to be a rabid stan to make that argument.
To clarify what I meant with "light on content", maybe I could have said, the game has less depth than some of the more notable games in it's class. (I could argue that a game can be 40 hours long and light on content. Zelda BOTW comes to mind immediately, but maybe a better word instead of content would be substance.)

*Cuphead is cool. For what it set out to do, it did very well, but like everything else, the game is not above criticism.
I've been enjoying it, but for my tastes, (as you know) I look for more than just combat. I like games with a little more depth outside of the combat (or its equivalent) portions.
You know us Sony gamers only care about cinematic experiences. :skip:(<--This is a joke, but also a fact:yeshrug:)

For me though, some actual levels similar to mega man, with different enemies, a bit of exploration and alternate routes, secret weapons/powerups (armor, movement abilities, health/damage multipliers), bosses that have alternate ways to beat them, would have pushed this game to an epic level poised to topple the greats that came before it.

The question "is there anything wrong with cuphead"?
No, not necessarily, but is there anything it could have done better?
Absolutely, and the above are my suggestions.
I have to be honest, it's very possible a bit of my disappoint in what I find missing from the game is due to me not being aware that the game was advertised as a "boss rush" type of game. I'm not saying that's the only reason, but I do recognize it.

Fun game overall. Not perfect, but I whole heartedly recommend it.
*Forgive the wall of text.