Is there anything more surreal and weird then a wake?

Urbanmiracle

Brooklyn the planet...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn son
I've been to a few wakes. I don't remember my moms wake like that. I was only 10 shyt was a blurr. But usually wakes and funeral are social gatherings for the living to pay respects and talk stories about the dead. Sometimes you only see certain family members or friends at funerals and wakes so it's laughter and joy to catch up with your folks. It's sad and somber but funerals are to commerate and celebrate the persons life. Funerals are not because they died, it's because they lived and we wish to remember and celebrate their lives one last time before we send them to eternity.

Daps
Tell me. What makes it so respectful to attend a wake? Especially if you plan on going to the funeral?

You get two extra cool points with the family and the deceased or something?

If you do the funeral that's fine.

I think for the majority most people do the wake and not the funeral though. The saddest part of the funeral is when it's over, the finality of it is too much for most.

ComputersPutin

All Star
Daps
If you do the funeral that's fine.

I think for the majority most people do the wake and not the funeral though. The saddest part of the funeral is when it's over, the finality of it is too much for most.

Nah I think the worst part is the burial. Everyone I been too...soon as the casket goes in the ground its :damn::damn::damn:.

I only seriously broke down in ocean tears at one funeral...and it didn't happen until they put him in the ground.

Daps
Nah I think the worst part is the burial. Everyone I been too...soon as the casket goes in the ground its :damn::damn::damn:.

I only seriously broke down in ocean tears at one funeral...and it didn't happen until they put him in the ground.

That's what I mean, the burial. I have only been to a few burials.

That's the finality, the end. This person is gone forever that really hits home

upthere

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
^
If you dont expect or want others to be at your wake/funeral, then I dont see the issue in not going to somebody elses.

Not everybody is built for it, nor does everybody believe in certain customs associated with funerals/wakes(even if its a "normal" part of society and humanity).

Also, some people prefer to mourn and say goodbye in their own way. Some may prefer to do it in a more private manner.:yeshrug: