Is there anything more surreal and weird then a wake?

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's the worst surreal experience, life has to offer.

I've been to too many in the past year. :to:

ComputersPutin

All Star
Daps
What? Lazy?

What is so respectful about sitting down staring at a body in a coffin? Ya'll cant be serious right now. You telling me someone has to go to the wake, funeral, burial, and repass? In order to be respectful to the person that died.

Daps
What? Lazy?

What is so respectful about sitting down staring at a body in a coffin? Ya'll cant be serious right now. You telling me someone has to go to the wake, funeral, burial, and repass? In order to be respectful to the person that died.

Why is it so hard to do that out of respect to the family and person passed?

You're lazy/inconsiderate. Deal with it.

ComputersPutin

All Star
Daps
Why is it so hard to do that out of respect to the family and person passed?

You're lazy/inconsiderate. Deal with it.

So you have attended every wake and funeral for everyone person you know that passed? You are very considerate and ambitious towards the dead my friend. :skip:

The family? they aint taking roll call at the funeral...unless you are someone very close that is the last thing on their mind. I think its more respectful to the person and family to acknowledge their death how you see fit and are comfortable with than to force yourself to sit and grieve and remember someone in a stat that you wish not to.

I attend funerals but I'm not a fan of the wake. I'm not a fan of seeing a body that looks nothing like the person I remember. In the funeral portion where they view the body I walk by and glance.

Stuntone

Louisiana Made, DC PAID!
Daps
Reppin
IT Cert-Gang Mafia, GMB and HOH
My brother cuts hair and when our friend got killed the family ask him to cut their son's hair. My brother was like :weirdo: he can't do it. I don't blame him, another one of our friend cut it tho.

Daps
So you have attended every wake and funeral for everyone person you know that passed? You are very considerate and ambitious towards the dead my friend. :skip:

The family? they aint taking roll call at the funeral...unless you are someone very close that is the last thing on their mind. I think its more respectful to the person and family to acknowledge their death how you see fit and are comfortable with than to force yourself to sit and grieve and remember someone in a stat that you wish not to.

I attend funerals but I'm not a fan of the wake. I'm not a fan of seeing a body that looks nothing like the person I remember. In the funeral portion where they view the body I walk by and glance.

I attended the wake of my girlfriend's room mates brother whom I never met.

So yeah, I attend a lot of wakes, out of respect to the people.

No one is a fan of the wake, so when people say shyt like that it just sounds dumb.

Pack2

..Pack2..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
lol @ "I don't do wakes"

like anybody there actually WANTS to be there

come on yall...

ThaBronxBully

Postin’ & Toastin’ Since 02’
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
When I Die I Dont Want Anyone I Know Staring At My Dead Body In A Box, All Bloated And Caked Up With Make Up fukk That

ComputersPutin

All Star
Daps
I attended the wake of my girlfriend's room mates brother whom I never met.

So yeah, I attend a lot of wakes, out of respect to the people.

No one is a fan of the wake, so when people say shyt like that it just sounds dumb.

Tell me. What makes it so respectful to attend a wake? Especially if you plan on going to the funeral?

You get two extra cool points with the family and the deceased or something?

Pack2

..Pack2..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
When I Die I Dont Want Anyone I Know Staring At My Dead Body In A Box, All Bloated And Caked Up With Make Up fukk That
So you want to get cremated? or you just want some closed casket deal?

Pack2

..Pack2..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Tell me. What makes it so respectful to attend a wake? Especially if you plan on going to the funeral?

You get two extra cool points with the family and the deceased or something?
If you don't go to the wake but do the funeral then whatever, thats your choice

Wake is more for family, friends, co-workers and anyone to pay respects
Funeral is more for family and close friends

thats how I've always seen it

ComputersPutin

All Star
Daps
If you don't go to the wake but do the funeral then whatever, thats your choice

Wake is more for family, friends, co-workers and anyone to pay respects
Funeral is more for family and close friends

thats how I've always seen it

Exactly....not sure how that turned into being lazy and inconsiderate. lol

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
The last wake i went to was weird. It was for treme brass band bass drummer lionel batiste. They had him propped up standing next to a lamp post at the funeral home, i thought the shyt was some sort of wax figure replica of him. But it was really him