Is there any civilization more fascinating than the Egyptians?

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Their mathematics and construction abilities :lawd:

their crazy psychedelic language, views on life/death/afterlife.

How much do we actually know about their culture itself? I know all about the pharoahs and shyt but I wanna know what everyday life was like and what their ethics were. I know they made the code of hammurabi and stuff which has been a big influence on our views of justice.

their whole civilization just seems so mysterious.

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
What makes it even crazier is the fact that their civilization dates back 20 thousand plus years. Archaeologists at the time creating lies because it didn't go with their christian bible story of 6 thousand years.

There are so many topics regarding this civilization man it is best to read and find whatever you can.

Good book to read is Egypt Revisited.

Code of Hammurabi was created about the Sumerians.

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
I would go with Han China for their technological advancements and military might

or classical Greece for their philosophical achievements, military might, and most importantly, their political philosophy.

Also...call me crazy, but I think Hammurabi (of Babylon) wrote Hammurabi's Code.

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
What makes it even crazier is the fact that their civilization dates back 20 thousand plus years. Archaeologists at the time creating lies because it didn't go with their christian bible story of 6 thousand years.

There are so many topics regarding this civilization man it is best to read and find whatever you can.

Good book to read is Egypt Revisited.

Code of Hammurabi was created about the Sumerians.

I dont know about 20, more like 5. but to answer the OP, the mayan is quite an interesting one. they came out of no where in a random forest, ran shyt mathematically and astrologically , built pyramids too, created their own system then disappeared out of no where....

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I would go with Han China for their technological advancements and military might

or classical Greece for their philosophical achievements, military might, and most importantly, their political philosophy.

Also...call me crazy, but I think Hammurabi (of Babylon) wrote Hammurabi's Code.
I don't know, as a white dude the greeks aren't as interesting because they came after Egypt and was built on previous cultures and knowledge of other people that came before. I'm not saying that the egyptians didn't necessarily do the same thing, but they did it at such an early, supposedly primitive state of man. It's almost like an entirely original culture, even though you could say many different cultures are as well but outside of the Mayans, and all that crazy nonsense going on down there... the asian and greek cultures just aren't as mysterious and "magical" to me. They're more mechanical and obvious. Egypt is more secret and hidden in the past. It fascinates me. Especially the prospect of scientists somehow having the timeline wrong.

Also, who really cares about how good a civilization can kill people? the world used to be so much more savage, lets keep it positive, friend. :lawd:

Leasy

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
I dont know about 20, more like 5. but to answer the OP, the mayan is quite an interesting one. they came out of no where in a random forest, ran shyt mathematically and astrologically , built pyramids too, created their own system then disappeared out of no where....

Dude the Sphinx dates back when the landscape was tropical forests which was during the last ice age about 12 plus thousand years ago. It was probably built during the age of the lion (LEO) that constellation was over Egypt directly around that time frame. The oldest text of linage of the pharoahs found dated back to 20 thousand years but religion bias and race bias made them rearrange or deny it.

I don't know, as a white dude the greeks aren't as interesting because they came after Egypt and was built on previous cultures and knowledge of other people that came before. I'm not saying that the egyptians didn't necessarily do the same thing, but they did it at such an early, supposedly primitive state of man. It's almost like an entirely original culture, even though you could say many different cultures are as well but outside of the Mayans, and all that crazy nonsense going on down there... the asian and greek cultures just aren't as mysterious and "magical" to me. They're more mechanical and obvious. Egypt is more secret and hidden in the past. It fascinates me. Especially the prospect of scientists somehow having the timeline wrong.

Also, who really cares about how good a civilization can kill people? the world used to be so much more savage, lets keep it positive, friend. :lawd:

I agree. The Mayans aren't that interesting when you include outside sources teaching them everything they know. They were savages. The same goes with the Aztecs and Incan. When the Spaniards came around the Incans they asked them "Who built those monuments" and they stated an another race of people did, they were here when we got here.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Dude the Sphinx dates back when the landscape was tropical forests which was during the last ice age about 12 plus thousand years ago. It was probably built during the age of the lion (LEO) that constellation was over Egypt directly around that time frame. The oldest text of linage of the pharoahs found dated back to 20 thousand years but religion bias and race bias made them rearrange or deny it.

I agree. The Mayans aren't that interesting when you include outside sources teaching them everything they know. They were savages. The same goes with the Aztecs and Incan. When the Spaniards came around the Incans they asked them "Who built those monuments" and they stated an another race of people did, they were here when we got here.
:ohhh:

source?

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity

they tried to imitate the architecture and tried to build similar constructs...many of them died trying to show the Spaniards that they could do it.

sm0ke

Lin Kuei
Daps
Reppin
Earthrealm
the egyptians' religion makes them pretty interesting. when they would inscribe chants and incantations on the inside of tombs (so the gods would protect the dead that could afford it), they would mutilate certain characters because they were dangerous. a snake character would be cut in half, a bird would have its legs removed, etc., because they didn't want these characters attacking the dead in the afterlife.

the code of hammurabi comes from the babylonian king hammurabi. i love how if they can't decide whether somebody committed a crime or not, they throw them in Euphrates River, and if they survive, the gods deemed them innocent.

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans

Yea, you're going to need to provide sources for this entire paragraph.

Leasy

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
they tried to imitate the architecture and tried to build similar constructs...many of them died trying to show the Spaniards that they could do it.

Who really built these damn things in South America man....

These dude name slayer on Abovetopsecret.com have some interesting opionons regarding races of human and ancient monuments.

Who Were the Ancient Megalithic Builders?, page 1

I really think other species of humanoids were more recent than they want to admit and they probably created half these artifacts.

If you look where the Africans/old world humans landed landed in Mexico, on some of the large monuments made for them they had handheld devices in their hands which is found on monuments in Sumerians society and other old cultures of great monuments etc...

atlantes.jpg

atlantesstatuetula00.jpg

Sumer Gods (You would see them holding the same devices)
zfishseal.jpg

Greek God Phorcys(Same device)
phorcys.jpg

Sumer God
sumergodstree.jpg

Don't know it's a lot of history they not telling.

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks

I don't want to downplay the Egyptian contributions to civilizations thats followed them, however I think its often easy to overstate that contribution as well.

True, a select few Greeks traveled to Egypt, and witnessed the many wonders of that civilization. That by no means suggests that the Greeks simply googled "Egypt" every time they ran into a question.

The world was much more isolated.

The political philosophy of representative government that the Greeks introduced to the world was groundbreaking during its time, groundbreaking when the Romans followed their lead, groundbreaking when the English achieved it in the 1600's, groundbreaking when the American colonies achieved it in 1776, groundbreaking when the French achieved it in 1789, etc. etc. To this day a large portion of the world is still fighting to achieve it (i.e. Egypt, ironically).

The reason I bring up their military competence is because of the previously mentioned gift. It is what allowed them to successful defend against the Persian invasion of Darius the Great, and Xerxes after him. This was no easy task considering the Persians had already established the largest Empire the world had ever seen (including conquering Egypt, ironically).

rarely did the Greeks invade and conquer non Greeks. In fact, the Egyptians did more conquering than classical Greece, ironically.

images

but...to each his own. I find it interesting that you mention that your white. How does that have any bearing on your opinion here?

Last edited:

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
Yea, the Greeks run this shyt as far as ancient civilizations go.

Their contributions to mathematics, philosophy, classical physics, government, military structure and tactics is :whew:

I put the Indus Valley Civilizations just below the Greeks.

But the Greeks...just in terms of philosophical development alone. I mean, wow.

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
Who really built these damn things in South America man....

These dude name slayer on Abovetopsecret.com have some interesting opionons regarding races of human and ancient monuments.

Who Were the Ancient Megalithic Builders?, page 1

I really think other species of humanoids were more recent than they want to admit and they probably created half these artifacts.

If you look where the Africans/old world humans landed landed in Mexico, on some of the large monuments made for them they had handheld devices in their hands which is found on monuments in Sumerians society and other old cultures of great monuments etc...

atlantes.jpg

atlantesstatuetula00.jpg

Sumer Gods (You would see them holding the same devices)
zfishseal.jpg

Greek God Phorcys(Same device)
phorcys.jpg

Sumer God
sumergodstree.jpg

Don't know it's a lot of history they not telling.

The majority of these "mysteries" have very rationale explanations that you can find through proper research of archeological findings, and primary source evidence. Don't trust some yahoo on a forum (myself included).

This video will provide some answers I'd bet...

Last edited by a moderator:

Leasy

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
The majority of these "mysteries" have very rationale explanations that you can find through proper research of archeological findings, and primary source evidence. Don't trust some yahoo on a forum (myself included).

This video will provide some answers I'd bet...

Ancient Aliens Debunked - (full movie) HD - YouTube

Not watching as soon as I see ancient aliens I lose interest. I believe they basically not admitting how interconnected the world once was and how knowledgeable they were. Don't believe in Aliens.