is there a ladies gym thread out? (Question/Rant)

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
@Coco when you do weight lifting you tear your muscle tissue then it repairs itself by coating those micro-tears with more muscle which is what tones you. Your body needs nutrients to function and protein is one of them. People can eat and/or drink their protein.

Last edited:

BujuBoombastic

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
So no popeyes, no sodas, no more TC sessions until 5 in the morning.

Or she can simply create her own healthy meal prep for 3-4 days, then maybe "cheat" with junk food over the weekend.

It will be beneficial to her health depending on what her fitness goals are. Plus it's a good way to save money and stay healthy.

This is what I usually do for the week.

Regine, you should search for free fitness classes around your area like The5thLetter just mentioned. You can also workout at your own home.

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
Or she can simply create her own healthy meal prep for 3-4 days, then maybe "cheat" with junk food over the weekend.

It will be beneficial to her health depending on what her fitness goals are. Plus it's a good way to save money and stay healthy.

Regine, you should search for free fitness classes around your area like The5thLetter just mentioned. You can also workout at your own home.

Lol I'm not going to try to compete for the best adviser in this thread...she tagged me because I used to weigh over 300 lbs and now look like I've been in a gym all my life so I'd like to think I know something about the subject. Trying to keep cheat meals when you've never dieted before is counterproductive from my experience for one. For two, you're not going to experience much success if you're not giving your body the needed rest it requires to function and metabolize those healthy foods that you're talking about.

Some weeks I meal prep some I don't.

She's ultimately going to do what she wants and I wish her the best.

Regine Hunter

Captain Fupa
Supporter
Daps
As you said, ween off of the shyt you know you shouldn't be eating, drinking and doing. So no popeyes, no sodas, no more TC sessions until 5 in the morning.
Don't be a "New Year's Resolutionist" ass nikka who gives up by March.
but.... :mjcry:
that's my biggest fear. I have issues with sticking with things, but tbh I feel like i'm too grown to be doing that shyt.

Dancing recklessly, I know that sounds silly but dancing is also a form of exercise and if you put on some drill and set the couches in your living room aside you're gonna burn some calories, it'll also help you relieve stress more if you're having fun. Some people use working out as an outlet to blow off steam. For me it's the opposite because it feels like work :scust: but it never fails that I'll always feel great afterwards
Girl...I can't dance for shyt :laff:

I'll look into meal planning. In general my issue is my diet. It's not that I pack in mountains of junk food all day everyday...I simply don't get the right calories. I don't eat breakfast at all (don't wake up early enough to do that), and usually i'd get a snack on my break at work and then have my full meal when I get home (which is between 8-11pm depending on the shift). Sometimes I'd simply have a glass of juice for some sustenance before I head out the door. In terms of fitness... if I'm not walking to the bus stop from the stop into work and vice versa, I'm usually at home in bed recovering from the work day. Often if i'm too tired I'd just get something quick to eat for dinner.

so...there's a synopsis of me.
is there something funny?

GoldCoastSaint

Yall nikkas hate everything but Tariq Nasheed
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
Walking is so underrated. Like seriously. I live in Chicago and walk damn near everywhere- the grocery store, post office, library, museum, anywhere. If its doesn't take over 1.5 hrs, I walk it. Often I walk over 2 hrs/day running errands. I put my kid in the stroller, bundle up, and we're off. My daughter loves it. She's always asking if we can walk more. I lose weight without trying or thinking about it. People are always amazed at how much I walk but its gotten to the point that I feel really disappointed if I dont get a few hrs in. It really brings me peace and joy.

I also eat anything I want but very small portions. I tested myself and realized after a few bites the hunger is gone, its just your mind wanting more. Then I have to ask myself "ok why does my mind want this?" Sometimes its boredom, anxiety, lonliness, etc. Most times its boredom so I check my list of shyt I Can Do Besides Eat. Yes, thats a real list I have. I do something on the list and promise if afterwards Im still wanting the rest of the food I can have it. I usually don't think about the food again until I see it in the fridge.

I also do intermittent fasting. fukk breakfast, Im not hungry before Noon so I dont eat until Noon. I will juice tho just to get my greens (I am BIG on skincare and greens make skin gorgeous!)

Im sure this isn't the best way to lose/maintain weight but its worked for me.

Ello_Vee

Pro
Daps
Swimming is good cardio if your joints are trash. Swimming is also a good form of strength training due to resistance in the water. It'll work out both arms and legs.
And your back and core.

There's kickboards to isolate just your legs, and these buoys to put between your ankles to isolate just your arms/shoulders.

Ello_Vee

Pro
Daps
@Fonsworth is right, though, that it's 80% diet. Working out helps burn more calories, tighten up, all that, but if you don't understand how to fuel your body, and simply limit calories, you're gonna feel like you're starving/craving and get resentful and want to quit.

You don't need any special program. You need determination and commitment. Just keep at it.