is there a ladies gym thread out? (Question/Rant)

Regine Hunter

Captain Fupa
Supporter
Daps
I'd like to at least start somewhere.

Been speaking with someone the past few days about my plans. Bout to go out and buy some workout clothes, wean myself off certain things but I'll admit another part of me doesn't want to burn out the second week and be be back at Popeyes. I'm looking into some sort of gym membership but to be honest I really can't afford that.

I'm tryna glow up like @Meh and @Fonsworth did, but I know with both of them it took alot of self discipline. I guess my question is how does one actually begin all this?

EARFQUAKE

🥰
Supporter
Daps
You start off slow. Walking and drinking. Strength training and cardio are key. Also diet. Put the sugar away.

There's a gym thread but it's somewhere amongst other inactive threads here in the salon.

I can go on forever

EARFQUAKE

🥰
Supporter
Daps
Since you can't afford a gym we'll start with some exercises you can do at home.

I like to work at my own pace, my anxiety acts up if I get pushed. I get emotional and start crying. Ok so enough of that, what are your goals exactly? Do you just want to lose weight and maintain a certain figure? Do you want to get toned?do you want abs, a muscle butt?

Daps
maybe start by slowing changing your eating habits and finding free ways to get moving

are there stairs at work? you can use them even if you don't need them.

not sure where you live but if its not too cold maybe walk outside more? if not is there a shopping mall that you can walk around in. like literally walk the whole mall for a while

does your job offer discounts/reimbursement for gym memberships?

can you get fitness DVDs at the local library? if you have cable i think there is a fitness channel.

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
Getting to your goals is 80% what you do outside of the gym with the other 20% inside of it involving exercise.

As you said, ween off of the shyt you know you shouldn't be eating, drinking and doing. So no popeyes, no sodas, no more TC sessions until 5 in the morning.

As for any of the other questions, you can go to the gym subforum within TLR or just ask here.

I know its a faux pas but if you don't mind, tell what your current and goal weights are.

From there you need to understand how you're going to get there. Like I said, I'm sure there are things you're currently doing that in just stopping will cause you to start losing weight.

Don't be a "New Year's Resolutionist" ass nikka who gives up by March.

Last edited:

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
My whole glow up was at home. Never had a gym membership. Still don't. Like others said, eating habits, walking, and all that crap. Hell, I suck at cardio. It was mostly a diet shift. And free weights and calisthenics.

EARFQUAKE

🥰
Supporter
Daps
Dancing recklessly, I know that sounds silly but dancing is also a form of exercise and if you put on some drill and set the couches in your living room aside you're gonna burn some calories, it'll also help you relieve stress more if you're having fun. Some people use working out as an outlet to blow off steam. For me it's the opposite because it feels like work :scust: but it never fails that I'll always feel great afterwards

Regine Hunter

Captain Fupa
Supporter
Daps
You start off slow. Walking and drinking. Strength training and cardio are key. Also diet. Put the sugar away.

There's a gym thread but it's somewhere amongst other inactive threads here in the salon.

I can go on forever
i saw the gym thread in the actual subforum but it was kinda intense...nikkas started using jargon i didn't understand lol

EARFQUAKE

🥰
Supporter
Daps
i saw the gym thread in the actual subforum but it was kinda intense...nikkas started using jargon i didn't understand lol

There was one here too I believe, it was even pinned. Oh yeah it was called the fitness thread. Hardly anyone posted tho.

The5thLetter

Meow
Supporter
Daps
I'd like to at least start somewhere.

Been speaking with someone the past few days about my plans. Bout to go out and buy some workout clothes, wean myself off certain things but I'll admit another part of me doesn't want to burn out the second week and be be back at Popeyes. I'm looking into some sort of gym membership but to be honest I really can't afford that.

I'm tryna glow up like @Meh and @Fonsworth did, but I know with both of them it took alot of self discipline. I guess my question is how does one actually begin all this?
I'm not a gym person so I'd rather do fitness classes like zumba. Idk about where you are but in NYC there are many places throughout the 5 boroughs that have free fitness classes 7 days a week and at dif times so you're bound to find something that fits your sched. See if there's anything like that i your neighborhood

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
@Kant @Fonsworth are protein shakes necessary after working out?

Edit-I forgot I wasn't supposing to be posting :beli:.

All whey does is provide your body with the nutrients it needs in a quick and convenient fashion...its not necessary but makes recovery much easier.

Whey isn't for bulking up however. There are mass gainers but protein is a macronutrient that all human beings need regardless of age or gender.