Is the Witcher 3 really that good?

Daps
:patrice: I wanna cop but these games make me skeptical, kinda reminds me of shadow of Mordor which I loved but eventually got bored of and put down.

But I almost never seen a game get praised universally like this.

Thanos

?
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
If you can find it less than 40$, go for it. But if it ain't cheap, it's not worth your money.

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
:patrice: I wanna cop but these games make me skeptical, kinda reminds me of shadow of Mordor which I loved but eventually got bored of and put down.

But I almost never seen a game get praised universally like this.
red dead 2 ?

god of war ?

:stopitslime:

there's ppl that dont like witcher 3

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
shyt is fire if you like investigative RPGs with samurai elements ... going town to town and fixing/solving/destroying threats

beautiful game and 100 hours worth of gameplay and building character... multiple ways to solve things and surprises across the whole world. Definitely worth it, if you want to really invest time and play it piece by piece

Superstar
Daps
I hated it it for like 2 minutes then I couldn’t put it down. Combat is cool. It took me a second to get used to it because I was temporarily retarded. Just read up on some of the things you might face in the area, or whatever you might be hunting. Have oils and potions ready in case you get in a jam.
I would get murked out no matter how much I dodged and parried. I realized I wasn’t using oils and bombs, which are part of the lore. Once I figured the system out I killed most things pretty easily. Silver sword for wildlife/monsters, regular sword for people.
It doesn’t explain much in the skill tree, but unlocking skills gives you a lot of different moves and animations to to play with.
There’s all kind of different stories out there so check out the question marks on the map because it all ties in to something else.
Overall, I’m pretty harsh on games because I hate to waste my free time. Witcher 3 ended up being one of my favorites and actually ruined elder scrolls for me because it made Skyrim feel like I was driving a figurative 83’ Toyota Tercel when I tried to go replay it.
if you like story depth to the point where you worry that you might never consume it all then Witcher 3 is what you looking for.

Beer Drinker

Blue Moon Cappuccino Oatmeal Stout
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Seems like either you're OK with the combat or you fukking hate it.

I hated it.

The story, lore, characters, were fantastic.
The combat took me right out though. Couldn't get over it.