Is the PS5 the console of choice for the

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
You’re a horrible poster

Respectfully of course

Sony Stans cannot accept the truth. Online play, 60fps, and so on been available. What does PS5 do to push gameplay boundaries, without breaking the budget for 3rd party companies?

Last edited:
Daps
Sony Stans cannot accept the truth. Online play, 60fps, and so on been available. What does PS5 do to push gameplay boundaries, without breaking the budget for 3rd party companies?
We will only see gameplay boundaries pushed with ps5 first party exclusives

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
We will only see gameplay boundaries pushed with ps5 first party exclusives

Post PS3 era, its like the console lifespan is the same thing for Sony.

Hype ass launch with last gen games w/ slightly better graphics on the current gen

Same handful of 3rd party companies releasing yearly updates to their best selling franchises

2 years of agony from lack of games built up from the current gen hardware

Re releases of last gen games with updated graphics

More 3rd party companies going bankrupt and/or bought up by EA or Activision.

It's tiresome. Even Japan moved on from that, while Americans want interactive movies with non existent replayability (unless online play available).

Daps
Post PS3 era, its like the console lifespan is the same thing for Sony.

Hype ass launch with last gen games w/ slightly better graphics on the current gen

Same handful of 3rd party companies releasing yearly updates to their best selling franchises

2 years of agony from lack of games built up from the current gen hardware

Re releases of last gen games with updated graphics

More 3rd party companies going bankrupt and/or bought up by EA or Activision.

It's tiresome. Even Japan moved on from that, while Americans want interactive movies with non existent replayability (unless online play available).
I'm happy w/ my ps5 and have zero regrets
could give a fukk if you don't feel the same
I also secured so I wouldn't have to scramble for the next year
I expect next gen gameplay from games like GOW Ragnarok releasing late next year
Ratchet and Clank could potentially have next gen mechanics since it's ps5 exclusive w/ the instant world loading
The breakthroughs will occur when developers take advantage of the PS5's SSD, which can be as early as next year
Spiderman MM, despite being cross gen, has me excited for what they can do for next gen gameplay
The last level and boss fight felt like an interactive movie and the next Spiderman will have next gen gameplay throughout instead of in specific segments
The immersion was next gen

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I expect next gen gameplay from games like GOW Ragnarok releasing late next year
Ratchet and Clank could potentially have next gen mechanics since it's ps5 exclusive w/ the instant world loading
The breakthroughs will occur when developers take advantage of the PS5's SSD, which can be as early as next year
Spiderman MM, despite being cross gen, has me excited for what they can do for next gen gameplay
The last level and boss fight felt like an interactive movie

these Xthots so furious it's :mjlol:

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
I also secured so I wouldn't have to scramble for the next year
The last level and boss fight felt like an interactive movie and the next Spiderman will have next gen gameplay throughout instead of in specific segments

Everything is tied with graphics! Not even gameplay, but graphics. "An interactive movie" that doesnt push the imagination. That means more small and medium 3rd party companies going bankrupt trying to keep up with the graphics, high end voice acting, and so on. Which means less variety. Those "interactive movies" cost damn near $100 million to produce....

Daps
Everything is tied with graphics! Not even gameplay, but graphics. "An interactive movie" that doesnt push the imagination. That means more small and medium 3rd party companies going bankrupt trying to keep up with the graphics, high end voice acting, and so on. Which means less variety. Those "interactive movies" cost damn near $100 to produce....
That's what I meant
Where did I say graphics?
YOU assumed graphics
Follow my older posts and I am always bringing up NEXT GEN gameplay
I felt certain segments of Spiderman MM provided that but if you don't even have a ps5 how would you know? :lolbron:
Immersion is also part of gameplay
I expect what I experienced w/ MM to be elevated next year w/ games like R&C, Returnal, etc. w/ Ragnarok being the showcase for next gen gameplay
I am more excited for what they can do gameplay wise that was not possible before than just graphics

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
That's what I meant
Where did I say graphics?
YOU assumed graphics
Follow my older posts and I am always bringing up NEXT GEN gameplay
I felt certain segments of Spiderman MM provided that but if you don't even have a ps5 how would you know? :lolbron:
Immersion is also part of gameplay
I expect what I experienced w/ MM to be elevated next year w/ games like R&C, Returnal, etc. w/ Ragnarok being the showcase for next gen gameplay
I am more excited for what they can do gameplay wise that was not possible before than just graphics

Anything done with the PS4, mastered the 3rd dimension and 3D gameplay. If it aint portable or virtual reality, I want nothing more to do with it.

Daps
Anything done with the PS4, mastered the 3rd dimension and 3D gameplay. If it aint portable or virtual reality, I want nothing more to do with it.
stop :mjlol:
the ps5 was made to optimize console development and remove bottlenecks that have plagued console development for generations
you experienced piff gameplay on the ps4 despite all these bottlenecks and restrictions and now that devs have more freedom to copy and paste their imaginations, too late the ps4 already mastered the 3rd dimension and 3D gameplay now those bottlenecks and restrictions are gone?
:mjlol:
I am excited to see how they will push gameplay now
This generation is when 3D gameplay will be pushed but it will be up to the developers
The lowest common demoninator 3rd party devs will focus on making prettier graphics and not much else while Sony's first party studios e.g. ND, Santa Monica, etc. will try to push gameplay to another level

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
stop :mjlol:
the ps5 was made to optimize console development and remove bottlenecks that have plagued console development for generations
you experienced piff gameplay on the ps4 despite all these bottlenecks and restrictions and now that devs have more freedom to copy and paste their imaginations, too late the ps4 already mastered the 3rd dimension and 3D gameplay now those bottlenecks and restrictions are gone?
:mjlol:
I am excited to see how they will push gameplay now
This generation is when 3D gameplay will be pushed but it will be up to the developers
The lowest common demoninator 3rd party devs will focus on making prettier graphics and not much else while Sony's first party studios e.g. ND, Santa Monica, etc. will try to push gameplay to another level

They have no inspiration or motivation of improving the status quo.

Daps
They have no inspiration or motivation of improving the status quo
next gen gameplay is coming
I know it will be from Sony's first party studios because of their track record
You might be right about everyone else but we will have to see
Because of the way these systems are set up, especially the PS5's speed (17 GB/S), it will be up to the devs and their imagination for gameplay