Is the opening to Clockers the most powerful opening of all time?

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Im an older head 90s....so when that movie dropped, I was in my early 20s in middle of the chaos that was NYC at the time. Watching this opening at the theatre, there was a hush as we saw all of these victims of gun violence. The Marc Dorsey’s “People In Search of a Light” music just added to it. My ex and I at the time just sank into our seats taken aback. Powerful

Finally watching "Clockers" for the 1st time ever becuz I heard this film has some type of connection to "The Wire" (I think a couple of key writers/producers worked on both of them).

:picard: At the opening intro montage. They never show the bodies from inner-city shootings on local TV news stations, so I wasn't prepared to see this.

Digital Omen

All Star
Daps
Here's the author of Clockers speaking about it. He ended up becoming a writer on The Wire

Gotta give Spike his respect because the visuals are all him. Check out Spike on Charlie Rose its about 25m

The montage during the opening of the movie consists of recreations of real crime scene photos using actors

These 2 scenes come from the book, almost word for word:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Nothing will ever top 28 Weeks Later. His girl saved a random kid and he left her and the kid to be zombie feed.