Is the John Cena revisionist history insane?

bigde09

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Things get looked at fondly When enough time passes. People act like Ruthless Aggression was actually good now when in reality that's when everyone dipped and stopped watching. You even get revisionist history for Triple H and his bullshyt back then.

Collateral

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Facts! When I see brehs on here talking about CeGoat and all that shyt and can’t help but chuckle :skip: Dudes must be 19 rewatching clips on YouTube. 2006-2008 Cena was the woat. Things didn’t get better until they allowed Punk to roast him and Brock to whoop his ass for a couple years

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
I agree.

I just laugh when people try and mention him in the same breath as Hogan, Austin and Rock.

To me he is the poster boy for the WWEs decline in relevancy. I'm not saying it's all his fault but I don't see him as a top level draw. But WWE have been running their propaganda for years and he comes across as a bigger star than most of their current roster so people think of him being a bigger deal than he really is.

OVER

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GA
He ruled for over a decade so fans during that time are in the 20's and 30's and you got kids who still love his gimmick so it's not surprising. I remember the early days of IWC youtube era there was this Cena mark I don't remember his name but he was HATED he was an unapologetic Cena mark with all the merch and he looked the one of the background fish from Spongebob.