Is the idea of Kobe as a chucker, a myth?

Reece

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
These dudes were falling over themselves just a few months ago tryna argue that James Harden is a better offensive player than Kobe because of his TS% these past few seasons... now it's "B-b--bu TS% don't count cause Big Men can't shoot free throws!!! :sadbron::sadbron:". Like free throws ain't worth the exact same amount of points as a normal basket and that your efficiency from the stripe isn't a major factor in how efficient of a player you are overall. Or that there aren't other great bigs like Dirk that can shoot from the free throw line just fine without any problem... or that as an ATG big Duncan should've had a much higher base FG% than just over 50 to offset the disparity in TS% between him and a 6'5 guard like Kobe. Not to hate on either player but it's funny how the narratives over these isolated stats without context form around some players and not others :mjpls::sas2:

The Warriors lost to the Cavs by four points in 2016 but free throws don’t count :sas2:

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
How many rings have Gasol, Odom, Bynum, Artest, Farmar, Shannon Brown, The Machine won without Kob

Last time I checked, Kawhi & Danny Green won a ring without TD
:umadduncan:

If yall wanna argue that the Spurs are a better run organization and coaching staff from top to bottom and they know how to get the most out of their talent, by all means, continue.

:mjlit:

Fresh

SOHH Vet since 2002
Daps
Why do people act like this dude played 40 years ago?? :dahell: we just saw him play

He was an extreme chucker when he had bad teammates..and he was ‘normal’ when he had good teammates

this

when his team was ass he had to shoot a lot, I remember when the team was trash and he would pass to them when they were open and they would brick

once he had a quality team he didn't have to be lone option anymore

I've seen Kobe take and make plenty of tough shots, but I didn't see him take any stupid shots, there's a difference

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
:umadduncan:

If yall wanna argue that the Spurs are a better run organization and coaching staff from top to bottom and they know how to get the most out of their talent, by all means, continue.

:mjlit:

Last time I checked 16 titles > 5 titles

Since 2000, 5 titles > 4 titles

Young Fab

Banned
Daps
lol this nikka never answers the damn question :mjlol:
The irrelevant, topic changing, ain't got shyt to do wit what we talkin bout ass questions that you Kobe stans always come up wit, you right, I don't answer those

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
The irrelevant, topic changing, ain't got shyt to do wit what we talkin bout ass questions that you Kobe stans always come up wit, you right, I don't answer those

Nah you just not ready to have a real discussion about Kobe cuz youre a hater and I already proved your whole post history is nothing but Kobe/Steph/KD/Dubs hate :mjlol:

Young Fab

Banned
Daps
Nah you just not ready to have a real discussion about Kobe cuz youre a hater and I already proved your whole post history is nothing but Kobe/Steph/KD/Dubs hate :mjlol:
Yeah you're a fukkin retard.

Enjoy the rest of your day sir.

JYoung24

Young J
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:mjgrin: Oh now TS don’t count I see. Tim’s fg% is only 4% higher than Kobe’s despite being a big.

Kobe Bryant spent his career hitting tough midrange shots all while being doubled and tripled teamed for 15 years. The fact that his fg% is as high as it is is amazing in its own right.

Thats why i dont get whats these dikkheads are talking about kobe being inneficient

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
From 2000 to 2013, Kobe averaged 28ppg on 56% TS. Not one of his shooting guard peers has that combination of volume and efficiency across that many years.

you've never heard anyone involved with basketball (players, former players, coaches, execs) say Kobe was inefficient.