Is The Death Of LG OLED On The Horizon With The Introduction Of QLED?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Got near perfect blacks with my QLED. If they aren't perfect, they damn near look it. OLED still has the slight edge but except to the most autistic, its very good in quality relative OLED.

Have 50X better black levels than standard LCDs
OLED can turn off pixels at the individual level. That’s perfect blacks. QLED is still using a backlight behind the screen and dimming sections. If it’s all you have a then there’s no comparison needed but that fundamental difference limits what QLED can do.

diggy

Florida Man
Supporter
Daps
Since tv's became disposable and priced like a pair of sneakers (cheap), I lost touch with the tech.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
OLED can turn off pixels at the individual level. That’s perfect blacks. QLED is still using a backlight behind the screen and dimming sections. If it’s all you have a then there’s no comparison needed but that fundamental difference limits what QLED can do.
Like someone above said U gotta be autistic to see the difference

smoove157

Never Ever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
got a C8 55 inch that I copped Thanksgiving 2017.

its my main tv, game on both my ps4 and my pc.

did my research before I copped, knew about the issues with OLED burn in, and I adjusted accordingly.

just got Fios and so far I haven't been able to set it up to where it will screensaver while you have regular cable tv paused

every other built in app (Hulu, Netflix, amazon) all have screensavers

I won't even pause a game and get up and goto the bathroom

its like Copping a car that says Premium only and putting in 87, you do that and you run the risk of encountering problems

copped a QLED for my mom so there would never be a burn in issue, but OLED is the best shyt out

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
got a C8 55 inch that I copped Thanksgiving 2017.

its my main tv, game on both my ps4 and my pc.

did my research before I copped, knew about the issues with OLED burn in, and I adjusted accordingly.

just got Fios and so far I haven't been able to set it up to where it will screensaver while you have regular cable tv paused

every other built in app (Hulu, Netflix, amazon) all have screensavers

I won't even pause a game and get up and goto the bathroom

its like Copping a car that says Premium only and putting in 87, you do that and you run the risk of encountering problems

copped a QLED for my mom so there would never be a burn in issue, but OLED is the best shyt out
Samsung got class action sued because of the plasma era.

OLED may suffer the same fate. They may need to innovate just to pay off the drama when all these rich folks start bytching about how unreasonable it is for them to have to treat the tv like a Porsche to maintain basic functionality

They've seen a 96 percent drop in sales. That should tell you something

OLED TV Reliability: Burn-In & Lifespan – Get The Facts | LG USA

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
I’ll stick with OLED till it’s no longer available. It’s superior. QLED is basically just LED with bright colors. Still doesn’t solve the black issues LED has. It’s literally just a buzz word they invented to try and make it seem like new tech. My 1080p Sony A900 has quantum dot color on it and it’s from 2013.
That's what I was always told. I'm grabbing an OLED after I buy a house later this year, or at least that's what I planned. Any models that don't have burn-in issues?

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
So the burn in was at 4000 hours...

But they did the test over a few months...

So I mean if you leave a TV on for a month straight and never turn it off that is only 720 hours...

You divide that by 4000 and that means they left that TV on for 5 straight months to test burn in?

So...in a real world scenario...who is leaving their TV on for 5 months straight?

You REALLY got to do some negligent shyt to get burn in on an OLED...or get hilariously unlucky...

ryderldb

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I had no idea burn in was such a big issue for OLED. Everything I’ve read is that it’s basically a non issue as long as you don’t leave it on for days at a time. You guys making it sound like plasma screens :lupe:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
I had no idea burn in was such a big issue for OLED. Everything I’ve read is that it’s basically a non issue as long as you don’t leave it on for days at a time. You guys making it sound like plasma screens :lupe:
Days ?

People take naps with a static images and get burn in lol. Especially as the hours start to pile up on the overall usage of the tv