Is The Death Of LG OLED On The Horizon With The Introduction Of QLED?

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
LG oled e8. 10 months. I play apex legends on it everyday and don't see any burn..
At the 4000 hour mark is when they say the drama begins.

Better adjust ur console settings to turn off on idle and ur tv to go into off mode when the screen is idle

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
I'm on my ... 3rd Oled

First one was a B7 for like a year no issues until I cracked the damn screen ..but I games heavily

The second I had for another year got burn in from Tekken, must of left it on practice mode.or something overnight and fell asleep

It wasn't horrendous but noticeable and bothersome, LG came out to replace the panel for free ... It resides somewhere else now though .

And now I have the C9 and am surprised to see they added a auto dimming logo ai feature to prevent burn in so I'm Gucci

I've played battlefield for many hours, and never seen anything, Tekken as well

I think if you don't make the mistake of leaving that shyt plastered on all night like I did that one night you will be fine

I've never gotten any burn in from videos or movies

The qled is cool but... When you experience perfect blacks, anything less than that is going to bother you , I copped a 82 inch qled and took that shyt back the next day for the oled

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I have a little, but it's my fault, and you have to have a totally red screen to see it. LG would replace my panel, but I'd lose 3D, so I'm dealing with it. Like breh a couple posts back, I can't go back to less than OLED quality. 3D isn't the biggest of deals, but I will just hang onto this one until:

A. It dies and LG won't fix it (buying another one)
B. They make a new 3D model
C. I come into wild bread and replace it with a 77"
D. A new technology comes out that looks better.

A and D are the likely scenarios. This thing still looks amazing.

OLED GANG

Drizzy Dre

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yikes I had no idea OLEDs were suffering from burn in issues. I’m still enjoying my Samsung KS8000, it’s a 4k/hdr LED that I got when the PS4 Pro came out. I think it’s using the Quantum Dot technology.

Going to wait until the next gen system refreshes come out in a few years to get another TV. Hoping to get an 8K/120hz/HDR.

Probably going to be a Samsung again, it seems like those have the best combination of performance, affordability & low risk.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I’ll stick with OLED till it’s no longer available. It’s superior. QLED is basically just LED with bright colors. Still doesn’t solve the black issues LED has. It’s literally just a buzz word they invented to try and make it seem like new tech. My 1080p Sony A900 has quantum dot color on it and it’s from 2013.

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
I’ll stick with OLED till it’s no longer available. It’s superior. QLED is basically just LED with bright colors. Still doesn’t solve the black issues LED has. It’s literally just a buzz word they invented to try and make it seem like new tech. My 1080p Sony A900 has quantum dot color on it and it’s from 2013.
Got near perfect blacks with my QLED. If they aren't perfect, they damn near look it. OLED still has the slight edge but except to the most autistic, its very good in quality relative OLED.

Have 50X better black levels than standard LCDs

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Yikes I had no idea OLEDs were suffering from burn in issues. I’m still enjoying my Samsung KS8000, it’s a 4k/hdr LED that I got when the PS4 Pro came out. I think it’s using the Quantum Dot technology.

Going to wait until the next gen system refreshes come out in a few years to get another TV. Hoping to get an 8K/120hz/HDR.

Probably going to be a Samsung again, it seems like those have the best combination of performance, affordability & low risk.

Yup, did the same shyt with the onset of the PS4 pro. My 60 inch KS8000 still fine.

But those OLEDs are fukkin gorgeous with the blacks :wow:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
I'm hoping Sony comes with the HDMI 2.1 fire for 2020.

I need my Android os

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I will never by OLED. OLED buyers swear that burn in is exaggerated, they may be right but knowing myself it would be bad to get one. I abuse my TVs :wow: Be going to sleep or going out and leave that shyt on for hours.

Tag me when there's an OLED without burn risk.