Is Tariq Nasheed making a point about the erasure of black Americans in Hip Hop history?

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
:dead:

Jamaican influence on hip hop was the standard talking point for at least the last 30 years...now people are turning on that...its interesting to see Puerto Ricans and Asians claiming it now :dead:

It's in keeping with the mainstream trend of rewriting Black history.

As for Tariq, even when he is correct it is hard to tell because he has such low credibility.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
He's always speaking facts about ADOS or FBA being messed over. He be doing too much with the right wing duck riding.
He just a grifter. He knows what makes you tick then when he has to under his spell, then he shows you the real him. Tariq is controlled opposition

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
Tariq Nasheed is an agent of misinformation.

Stick to Great elder teachers like Dr Amos N Wilson and Dr John Henrik Clarke...who taught for 50 years and never asked for a cent
HipHop and entertainment is a lane Tariq knows and this is his wheelhouse. On this specific issue of the creation of Hiphop, he is 100% correct.

Studious one

Change names, like change clothes; stay a fly girl
Daps
Tariq Nasheed is an agent of misinformation.

Stick to Great elder teachers like Dr Amos N Wilson and Dr John Henrik Clarke...who taught for 50 years and never asked for a cent
Thanks for this. Will be checking it out. Blessings to you.

Budda

Superstar
Daps
Both of whom fukked with Tariq and Tariq paid for one of their funerals along with Dr.Welsing.

Wasn’t that for Dr Ben? Dr Clarke died in 1998 and Dr Amos Wilson in 1995, I doubt they were aware of Tariq at all and Tariq of those times and the message he was spreading was very different from the Tariq of now.

Actually I don’t think Tariq was talking about pro black issues for the majority part at all in 95-1998, Dr Welsing died in 2016 he was still a Pan African at that time, whether she would agree with the Tariq of 2023 is a point of contention.

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
I remember years ago when I was in college, for one of my classes, we had to do a paper about an ethnic group different from your own and their influences or impact. I didn't wanna do a paper about white people, so my topic was Puerto Ricans in hip hop. The whole time, I felt like I was reaching because their impact was minimal in the grand scheme of things. Looking back, it's especially embarrassing:francis:

Amerikan Melanin

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Wasn’t that for Dr Ben? Dr Clarke died in 1998 and Dr Amos Wilson in 1995, I doubt they were aware of Tariq at all and Tariq of those times and the message he was spreading was very different from the Tariq of now.

Actually I don’t think Tariq was talking about pro black issues for the majority part at all in 95-1998, Dr Welsing died in 2016 he was still a Pan African at that time, whether she would agree with the Tariq of 2023 is a point of contention.

You are right it was Dr.Ben. Got my Drs mixed up.

3rd Ward Swangin

Superstar
Daps
He just a grifter. He knows what makes you tick then when he has to under his spell, then he shows you the real him. Tariq is controlled opposition
Tariq is needed and I appreciate him riding for Ados or FBA. If not for that and his documentary we as FBA would stay being overlooked and our contributions would be pilfered and claimed by every other ethnic group. Even the other black diaspora.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
As lomg as You got Tupac, Ice Cube, Run DMC, Public Enemy, NWA, Rakim, and other old school acts that are FBA, the influence of FBAs cannot be denied on a historical level in Hip Hop History.